08| 𝙶𝚎𝚝 𝙲𝚘𝚖𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚊𝚋𝚕𝚎

SUMMER BLAKE

SUMMER BLAKE

   Atmosphere

Something that seems so invisible yet so vital, I wasn't the best at reading it before but for some reason, everything was clear now.

"um-, wow how are you... here?", Isabelle questions looking around at the rest of them refusing to meet my eyes.

"You look so different", Isabelle adds quietly the rest nodding their heads. 

like damn, they should at least fake their feelings about me being here. Strange discomfort with my presence is written all over their faces.

why is Izzy talking for them and mainly why is my boyfriend Carter silent? I tilt my head crossing my arms the smile from my face falling.

I don't believe it. No, I refuse

How did I not see this before? Carter's hand is placed comfortably on Isabell's inner thigh, a familiar action he practiced with me. I get it now. I was dead in their eyes I had never been alive. Was this their way of spitting on my non-existent grave?

Usually in this instance, I would run away while the tears spring out my eyes dying for any form of comfort, but as you know the girl who went into that coma is long gone. Instead, I decided to get comfortable.

I take a seat at the end of the table as if it were placed exactly for me. for the first few seconds, it's silent and I think all of us use the time to clearly gather our thoughts and words.

  "So what's happened while I was away babes", I say a smile forcing its way onto my face.

"A lot", Sierra says in the most boring tone of voice.

I look at Sierra one of my other closest friends her face stoic and calm. Her eyes dart to me angrily confusing me completely.

I ignore it trying to gauge reactions and responses from my other friends.

"You and Izzy huh", I say focusing my attention on Carter a dry chuckle escaping my lips.

Izzy briefly looks around at them in shock as if one of them spilled the biggest secret in the world.

"I couldn't just wait around", he says not meeting my eyes for a moment before glancing at me again with a determined look.

"Oh no I'm not mad, good for you two I didn't expect you to wait for someone on the verge of death", I say smiling.

Mind you I don't mean any of this shit. Getting with the best friend of your half-dead girlfriend not even a full school year later is forever fucked. Especially considering my history with Carter. They both knew better.

Demi was shocked her lips still not moving, Carter had an uncomfortable and slightly angry look on his face along with his side pieces Rick, Austin, and Jake sharing the same look. Mia and Sierra both looked angry and seemed as if they were holding back. The only one who was smiling was Izzy, which surprisingly gave me such little comfort.

"A lot has happened since you- you know had that accident and it's kinda opened our eyes to many things", Izzy says looking at me nervously.

"It's just that-" she continues before getting cut off by Rick.

"We're kinda not comfortable with you being here",Rick says looking at me directly.

He was always the one guy out of our whole friend group that I couldn't connect with, he was dark, mysterious, and had way too many piercings. It's not that he was a bad person but we just never saw eye to eye on anything. He always believed I was a useless stuck-up nepotism baby and nothing else, yet back then as usual I ignored these accusations.

I never denied me being a nepotism baby but I believe I was far from stuck up or spoiled.

Once it registers in my mind what he says my heart slightly cracks yet I don't feel surprised or shocked by the feelings of betrayal anymore.

The rest of the group looks at me waiting for the frowning, tears, and begging.

They know nothing.

I notice the rest of the cafeteria is somewhat silent as if they've been waiting for this, like the moment in a play where everything goes down. The climax

"You know being trapped in my own mind for almost a year was the most uncomfortable experience I've ever had...so if small things like my presence make you all feel uncomfortable I pray you can handle what life throws at you after me", I say chuckling to myself before relaxing the expression on my face.

"I hope you all learn to get comfortable", I say staring at them all in a crisp tension-filled silence.

They look at me and I see different emotions, Shame, and anger being the most prominent.

After a few minutes, I get up and walk out of the cafeteria.

༻...༺

I'm halfway out of the cafeteria before I see Kai in my peripheral vision bounding toward me despite the protest of his friends. Confusion quickly is heard throughout the cafeteria in waves mainly about Kai's relation to me.

Anger controls my body as I finally cross the cafeteria double doors out into the hallways desperately trying to ignore the storm brewing behind me.

"What the hell happened in there, where are you going", he says making me speed up my pace.

"I'm getting the hell out of here", I say pissed at life, God, and just about everything.

"You do know I'm your ride right", he says and I swear I hear the smirk in his voice.

"I'll goddamn walk if I have to", I say not missing a beat.

"You really love to make enemies wherever you go huh, guess you're friends got tired of you", he says.

I stop in my tracks and slowly turn around.

"No wonder you're friends with that group I'm not surprised knowing how terrible they all are, you fit right in", he says laughing.

Once I turn around he looks like he accomplished what he wanted as if he said that to get me to stop walking on purpose.

Yet he has no idea.

"Come here", I say.

"Huh", he freezes and pales seeing how angry I am.

I walk slowly to him while he backs away quickly.

"Oh Fuck me", he says before breaking out into a sprint with me hot on his heels.

———————————————————————-
A/N: we can't define Kai and Summers's relationship yet but it's pretty fun where they're at right now👀

Trust ME more drama is for sure on the way and this book is coming in hot. You don't want to miss all the upcoming revelations that explain everything. STAY TUNED