11| 𝙾𝚛𝚙𝚑𝚊𝚗

SUMMER BLAKE

SUMMER BLAKE

  Her eyes bore into my head as I read the latest and hottest gossip featuring me and Kai

"I don't see a problem here", I say looking at her innocently.

I look at her to study the reaction on her face and just know she's on her bullshit again.

Her hands both started shaking rapidly before Dillan grabbed them attempting to calm her anger.

"Tell me it's not true. Just tell me it's not true and I'll forget the paparazzi even caught you in the first place", she says taking deep breaths.

"We can still cover this up, uh- um say he's your tutor if stopped by the press", she says the anxiousness seeping through every word that comes from her mouth.

"And w-what happened to Carter, his dad was one of the best lawyers in the state you know the public doesn't like cheaters", she says almost pleading.

This was my mom, everyone. If you knew how much love I had given her you would think she would be much different opposed to how she is now.

I look at her like some vermin and something in me tells me that Kai's ideas might not be so bad after all.

"He's my boyfriend", I say shoving the pasta back into my mouth chewing absentmindedly.

"Isn't that also the kid who gave you a ride", Killian says trying to hide his curiosity.

"Yup", I say popping the p.

You could hear the forks drop as if nobody was expecting it

"You loved Carter what the fuck", Elise questions looking at me.

True but that now had to be past tense.

"I found out he's with Izzy now, people change clearly", I say taking a sip from my water trying so fucking hard to keep my calm.

"We already knew", Derek said guiltily, Diane nodding as an echo.

"It's alright he's just been added to the list of people who secretly wanted me to never wake up", I say looking up at everyone at the dining table.

Killian clears his throat looking down at his plate.

I look at Mom who had been silent.

"No absolutely not", she says sternly.

Now things were starting to confuse me, Kai was rich, our school basketball star, and annoyingly good-looking. As far as I was concerned there was nothing extremely wrong with him.

"It's too late for that we made things official recently and we fuck like all the time. In the raunchiest ways", I say rolling my eyes and chewing.

I hear some of my siblings gag and gasp. A good mix of the two to be honest.

I almost let out a chuckle before I got cut off

"There's no way you're gonna be seen with that fucking dirty orphan not in my house", she says making me freeze.

Orphan?

———————————————————————
A/N: short chapter for now but the next chapter is gonna be Kai's POV...