27| 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙶𝚊𝚖𝚎

SUMMER BLAKE

SUMMER BLAKE

The crowd roars from the aftermath of Kai scoring a 3-pointer and I can hear the excited chatter from Nolan, Mikey, Ivy, and Rami from right beside me yet my head is completely somewhere else.

Demi giving me a warning in the bathroom made me much more confused than I already had been. Although confusion wasn't the main emotion powering through annoyingly it was a terrible mix of paranoia, fear, and nothing good.

My thoughts were threatening to suffocate me alive.

Suddenly I make eye contact with Kai his eyes look me up and down excruciatingly slow. I feel a surging spark and my chest feels weird. 

 His face quickly snaps out of the odd trance and he shoots me a large grin. My heart warms and I manage to calm down a bit seeing him but yet it's still not enough to stop my swirling mind.

However, he then seems to notice my troubled expression and mouths 'Are you ok'.

I nod giving a thumbs up and try my best to flash the most convincing smile but I can tell by his face that he doesn't buy it.

He'll for sure interrogate me about this later.

I notice Nolan watching this exchange in the corner of my eye and I know he's about to do some shit.

"Hey Summer you seem down lemme lend you some of my charm to cheer you up", Nolan says already beginning to tell me some of his world-class jokes.

I jokingly sigh, exhausted, and prepare myself for what is to come.

Nolan was pretty funny but once he started he couldn't stop, although he's the best distraction I can think of right now so I let him have his way.

KAI BRENT

1 hour later

  Frustration was what I was currently feeling right now.

No, we didn't lose the game, in fact, we had just won and I was currently getting high fives from all the coaches and players with my best friend Jay by my side inside of the locker rooms.