29| 𝚃𝚛𝚞𝚝𝚑

I've never had a more awkward car ride in my life

We had arrived at Rami's party just 30 minutes ago and Kai had disappeared after practically speed-walking out the car and into the crowd of people.

Currently, I was zoned out just watching the lips of Ivy move nonstop. We were talking to other girls in our class at the party about prom dresses yet my mind was nowhere near present.

Even in one of Rami's soundproofed rooms away from the rest of the party, Kai's strange behavior was running in rampant circles in my head.

He was acting weird and I didn't like it even not one bit.

"hey summer I have an idea", Ivy whispers in my ear.

she always finds a way to distract me when she can tell I'm distressed.

I give her a confused look and I suddenly get nervous from the sporadic look in her eyes. She usually has this look when she is bored or has an idea, it's scary how much I know about her antics in the short amount of time I've known her.

"HEY, GUYS LETS PLAY TRUTH OR DARE GET SOME MORE SENIORS TO PLAY!", she says causing the girls in the room to quickly scatter most likely gathering some people.

Both Rami and I's heads whip towards Ivy with lightning speed while she's busy laughing and cackling like a maniac.

"Damn Ivy Jesus Christ", I say followed by all the curse words in the book.

"talk about dramatic seriously Ivy you were born for the arts", Rami says.

"I know, I know but at least your party will be the most talked about of the fucking year!", she says completely excited.

"You know I'm shocked but for some reason, I don't exactly oppose this idea, ", Rami says now grinning.

I think about it for a while and realize it can't be that bad I've always wanted to try something like this just like in the movies. 

What could possibly go wrong?

just as the thought crosses my mind the doors of Rami's soundproof secluded room open and some people come in unfortunately more familiar than I would've wished.

I might just be my worst enemy and my own fucking jinx.

Rick, Isabelle, Demi, Sierra, Carter, Mia, and the background characters of my former group Austin and Jake all enter.

They see me as they enter the room almost like they expected me to be here. This was a twisted game to them. 

Rick smirks at me while Sierra glares as usual like the mad dog she is. Carter, on the other hand, looks a bit distant along with Isabelle.

They wanted to see me squirm but I wasn't gonna let them.

Aside from them entering, Kai, Nolan, Mikey, Jay, and 2 of his other friends had also arrived. The rest of the people who had entered were the same girls from before.

So my ex-friends, ex-boyfriend, and Kai who currently isn't speaking to me were present. Not to mention around 15 people were in the room as of right now. yup, this was gonna be a shit show.

I just had to keep my cool and make sure I didn't let my facade slip.

Mikey and Nolan wave over at us before finding a seat somewhat across from us on one of the other sofas.

We were all gathered around some gray comfy sofas shaped like a square around a small indoor fire pit. the sofas were within proximity and it seemed like everyone was waiting for something as if this was an opportunity to gain answers to something they desired or were just tempted to know about.

The room was a bit tense and whispers could be heard around the room making me a bit overstimulated but luckily Ivy took over starting things up.

"Rules are simple don't answer the truth. DRINK. Don't do the dare well you guessed it FUCKING DRINK", Ivy says giggling at her playful demeanor significantly lighting up the mood.

"And when you drink you have to mix liquors, so lock in yall", she says causing people to laugh.

"Alright, I'll start, and we'll go down clockwise- Mikey you know what clockwise means right?", she says teasingly making him flare up immediately.

"You know I have something for you", he says in retaliation making us all laugh.

"Anyways let's start my question is for.........Carmen", she says a smirk making its way unto her lips.

"Truth or Dare?"

"Truth", Carmen responds.

"boring", someone coughs.

"Shut the fuck up", she says rolling her eyes.

"hmmm out of all the guys in the room who do you think is the most attractive and the least", she asks.

all the guys in the room tense up as Carmen goes deep into thought.

"for least attractive definitely Rick", she says quickly.

I hold back from laughing but fail upon locking eyes with Rami getting me a glare from Rick and my old friends.

"Sorry just not into the piercings..or the face", she says whispering near the end.

now I was really about to pop a blood vessel if I held back.

suddenly there's a look in Rick's eyes, one that I've always hated and he mutters something bitterly.

he then scoffs before speaking

"You couldn't handle me anyways", he says pompously.

Carmen groans annoyed in response as if she was expecting this reaction from him.

"Suck a dick Rick, don't be a bitter bug", she says giving him the finger.

laughs go around the room but then quiet up when she decides to answer the second part of Ivy's question.

"um as for most attractive I'd have to say....Kai", she says making the room go a bit silent.

Now it's my turn to tense up. Carmen had extremely curly blonde hair and could probably get Kai if she wanted, she was stunning and you'd be a fool to not acknowledge her beauty. 

I felt a weird pit in my stomach.

everyone's heads all turn to me and for the first time during this party, I lock eyes with Kai. I quickly look away and get ready to put on a good show

"I totally agree", I say sarcastically making everyone laugh the tension quickly dissipating.

a joke is always a good save.

little did I know jokes would not be enough to save me that night

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: This chapter was a bit rushed but it's ok because another chapter should be coming this weekend stay tuned, shit gets fucking real.

shoutout to whoever guesses the name of the next chapter ;)