04| 𝙵𝚊𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚢 𝚁𝚎𝚞𝚗𝚒𝚘𝚗

SUMMER BLAKE

SUMMER BLAKE

   My heart is beating and hammering in my chest, as I close the backdoor grab Kai, and run towards my room slamming the door behind me.

Kai looks at me as if I was crazy but I'm too distracted to pay him any mind.

I'm breathing heavily as if I've just run a marathon. I slide down the door covering my face with my hands. I didn't think everything would blow up so soon.

"Wow I didn't know you moved that fast, in the bedroom already?", he says looking at me with a raised eyebrow crossing his arms.

I don't reply and he looks at my face studying it carefully not saying anything further.

I forgot this asshole was currently in my house. Damn, now I have to deal with 2 huge problems on my hands.

Although in this case, the main problem would be my family finding out I'm fucking awake. I'm not sure if I'm ready to face them again.

I decide to swallow the pill and head down.

-------------FLASHBACK-------------

  Everything felt cloudy as if I wasn't even in the right state of mind or as if I was watching everything from the third person.

Although I could hear everything like my ears were putting everything that went through them on a muffled speaker.

First I heard loud footsteps... then the voices came.

"How could she let this happen how would this make us look what am I gonna tell the reporters"

I knew that was mom

Then the next voice came

"I sometimes wonder if we're related"

Derek one of the twins

"Right that's exactly what I was thinking"

Diane the other twin chiming in agreement.

This was expected from those two.

Now unto the next.

"How many times do we have to visit her she should be awake by now, I'm missing my recital for this"

Elise.

More kept coming in

"Why is there something always wrong with our family, burdens, and burdens one after the other"

Our eldest Killian. No surprise there his expectations of me were zero to none.

Dillan was the only voice I didn't hear most likely stayed silent, but I knew he was there.

From Time to time out of all my family members he had my back but hearing him say nothing in my defense let me know where exactly he stood.

I felt cold. So very cold.

That was the last time they visited me but the first time I began to hear voices or felt remotely anything as I was gaining back my consciousness.

I had been fooled, I knew me and my family weren't the most united but it's sad that it took a whole coma for me to truly know where we stood.

Deep down I think I knew though, I tried to force us to return to a big happy family but I knew that wouldn't happen, everything was fake or for the cameras, even Mom being a high fashion designer depended on us playing pretend every now and then.

All the times I baked and delivered goods to their rooms every Friday, gave them advice or cheered them on at their events, and cried and reminisced about Dad with them just for me to be treated like some scum of the earth or parasite Like I didn't matter.

It was as if my whole identity had changed a wake-up call from God.

Throughout the rest of the coma, I mentally prepared myself and dreaded the day I would have to see them again

----------END OF FLASHBACK----------

I hear regular conversations going on coming from the living room, it seems as if they had all gathered in there.

I pause eavesdropping.

"Do you think someone broke in?", I hear Derek say. Sounds like puberty finally hit him and at full force goddamn.

"Don't be stupid the house looks too clean for that to happen", Diane says biting back. She sounds more mature.

"Diane is right just forget it, I'm too tired for this we just drove for 3 hours straight in that car", Elise says annoyed. She still sounds the same.

"Mom couldn't we live closer to the fucking airport", Dillan says frustrated. He sounds much more naturally angry as if something happened.

"I'm drained but don't worry this will be the last family vacay business trip in a while", mom says with a yawn.

"I'll go stay in my old room till I return to the university", Killian says his usual stern voice ringing throughout the house.

Here goes nothing.

I fully emerge down the stairs seeing Killian on his way up.

He freezes and backs up slowly upon seeing me, emotion running through his face.

"what's wrong", Diane says noticing him in his shocked state most likely not seeing me yet.

I hop down the last step and the whole room becomes quiet. If you had seen the looks on their faces you would've thought they had seen a ghost.

Nobody had said a word yet but I knew I had a lot to say

------------------------------

A/N: I've reached 100 views THANKS SM GUYS.

SHIT IS ABOUT TO GET REAL. VOTE IF U WANT BUT MAKE SURE TO TUNE IN FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER.