09| 𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚙𝚘𝚜𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗

SUMMER BLAKE

SUMMER BLAKE

  After the mad goose chase I had starring Kai as my victim, my spirits had been lifted by only a small fraction.  It makes sense for me to feel like shit considering I was just tossed aside by the closest thing I felt I had to a genuine family left.

I had no idea what I had

so as I sat in the passenger seat of Kai Brent's black SUV I felt a mix of frustration and raging anger.

When did life get so fucking hard? It's like I have to start from scratch.

"So what exactly happened back there, wanna spill?", Kai says one hand resting on the steering wheel his usual laid-back and cheeky voice once again making an appearance. 

I'm starting to regret ever entering his car if it means once again being interrogated.

So I decide to ignore him, leaning my head against the car window and staring at the oncoming sunset. hopefully, I would last the whole car ride without reacting, the ride was short anyway.

"Ignoring me is not exactly the best idea when it comes to me, I can make anybody cave", he says while beginning to drum his fingers against the black leather steering wheel.

moments pass before he says exactly what he needs to.

he opens his mouth saying the complete last thing I want to hear "I heard about your accident"

Immediately my chest squeezes within itself in the most suffocating manner. Times like these remind me I wasn't as strong as I thought.

he looks over at me for a short while noticing my tense state. He's more observant than I would ever think.

The atmosphere becomes serious making me feel for the first time ever grateful for the familiar big black gates that I call home. I see my house approaching and unbuckle my seatbell early setting the scene for my escape.

"I can help you, you know", he says with no hint of amusement or playful tone detected.

what does he even know? I'm in no mood or state for any type of savior.

A part of me was curious and wanted to keep listening, but like I said it was only a part of me and a very small part at that. The other part of me was telling me to get the hell out of his car, this was a very huge part of me.

he pulls up to my driveway and parks next to the gates.

"You, help me?, please give me a break what the hell do you even know", I say raising my voice my anger slowly starting to rise.

He begins to respond but I don't even give him the chance, I flip the lock on the inside of the car door handle and try to step out.

and guess what he does.

just guess what this despicable devil incarnate does.

he locks the car.

So I try again and he locks it again. I swear this goes on for a good 10 seconds further pissing me off even more.

Eventually, I give up and dramatically groan throwing my hands up in irritation.

"You know this counts as child kidnapping you fucking creep", I say crossing my arms and scoffing in tired frustration.

"And you know creeps can't be good looking right", he says trying to negate my accusation. 

This guy's head can't be further up his ass.

"Not to mention kidnapping you would be like trying to tranquilize an elephant, I wouldn't dare attempt.", he adds in a completely serious tone.

I sit there my mouth slightly dropping. An elephant...a literal elephant, I'll find out how much a hitman costs by the end of this week I swear by it.

he looks over at me and covers his mouth a snicker escaping before he clears his throat trying to get serious again.

silence ensues for a bit again and I don't know what I'm waiting for but it feels like I'm waiting for something. something about him hearing about my accident makes me feel somewhat weak in front of him. It was bad enough for the whole school already.

"You had asked me what I knew, but I know a lot more than you think surrounding your accident.", he says turning towards me his dark green eyes piercing me like he was a detective about to uncover the biggest secret.

His gaze immediately makes me crumble like I was completely naked and exposed under his eyes. I get a feeling he isn't lying.

"What do you know?", I say curiosity taking over while I brace myself.

He runs his hand through his semi-long black curls before sighing.

"I know that those people weren't caught and could come back any given moment", he says making my blood run cold.

Panic moves all throughout my body leaving me to wonder how I'm gonna get out of this.

"My uncle owns a boxing gym-", he says before I rudely cut him off.

"stop", I say already knowing where this is going.

I'll be honest Defense lessons were something that I had in my plans but doing these lessons at the hands of Kai wasn't part of that specific plan at all. I wanted to take fate into my own hands coming back and I wanted nobody else to be a part of that especially not Kai Brent.

This felt like a more private matter for me. My own goal.

"Hear me out. I'll give you these defense lessons for free", he adds quickly.

"I have all the money in the world that's not a problem for me", I say.

"of course, that's not a problem", he says rolling his eyes.

"Why is this gym so fucking special why shouldn't I take my money elsewhere", I say skeptically.

"Trust me I'll train you myself, I was trained under my uncle and he's one of the best fighters you'll find in this lifetime. He's retired but was just in his prime not too long ago", he says firmly.

"Who's your uncle?", I say trying to sound bored despite being slightly intrigued.

"Trey Morgan", he says.

That name rings a bell in a familiar way. It takes me a while before the familiar name comes to mind and connects.

My heart drops but in a good way.

No way. My dad used to be good friends with him based off all the stories he told me before he passed. I had never seen him though.

I don't tell Kai I know him but he sees the surprise on my face and looks satisfied.

I think for a few minutes before making up my mind.

"I'll take your offer but why are you doing this, what's in it for you.", I say suspicion arising within me quickly.

"You'll be my girlfriend"
...

Did I just hear right?

———————————————————————

A/N: Hey guys author here, How is the pacing of this story? What do y'all think of the ML and what happened with Summers accident? And most importantly how are y'all doing?