02| 𝙲𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝙰𝚗 𝚄𝚋𝚎𝚛

SUMMER BLAKE

SUMMER BLAKE

New York 8:37 p.m

  I bite my fingernails nervously waiting for my Uber. The lowly lit streetlights caused an unnerving feeling to travel up my spine. I was never one to be afraid of the dark but a lot of shit had happened and people change.

"it's cold as fuck", I mutter to nobody in particular my lone voice attempting to provide myself at least some comfort.

I was finally discharged from the hospital after they had performed a few vital tests on me.

Initially, the nurses didn't want me to leave due to the fact that I, unfortunately, "didn't have any parent guardians in the state right now" despite me being 18.

luckily money goes a long way when it comes to bribery and getting whatever the fuck you want. I just threw in 100 dollars and I was walking out those hospital doors with no problem.

However, I was confused about how my whole family was currently not in the state till I opened Instagram and checked Elise my older sister's page on my phone.

Her latest post was a picture of all of them in matching Christmas pajamas smiling around the giant Christmas tree of our Hawaii vacation home the caption stating "with the fam" followed by a quirky-looking emoji with a tongue sticking out.

As corny as it was I found myself wanting to be a part of it but I ignored the hurt in my chest and channeled it into anger a foreign emotion to me, one that I'm not used to embracing.

I just got out of a coma and am standing out here in the damn cold while my family was vacationing and partying on Hawaii's west coast.

It just didn't feel right.

suddenly I hear heavy footsteps coming from my right causing me to look in that direction.

I see a man. That alone is enough to make me run for the hills.

The way the lights don't hit his figure causes him to look like a moving shadow as if he was ready to attack at any given moment and immediately I start to panic.

My heart starts beating in my chest the situation feeling all too familiar. My breathing also begins to lose its soft and steady pace.

I take a step back nervously ready to sprint until the man opens his mouth.

"Maam did you call an Uber or not", he says a thick foreign accent seeping through his words.

I'm suddenly brought back to reality and I feel stupid. He looks to be around his early 50s wearing a black pointe beret with slight grey stubble on his chin.

"oh um yes sir I did", I say silently following him into the small white Toyota Camry.

I sit in the car thinking about what exactly I'm going to do to get my life back on track. The most overwhelming thought on my mind right now as dumb and stupid as it seems is how my family will react to me basically coming back from the dead.

I know that they're supposed to be my family and all but my impact on their lives felt strange. Around my family, I could never genuinely figure out my worth and I think weirdly enough my coma helped me figure that out.

Coming out of this coma has definitely changed something in me, whether it was my mindset or my overall demeanor.

I couldn't pinpoint exactly what changed or whether I liked or was even going to become familiar with this change. Although all I knew was once I woke up from my deep slumber things would never be the same.

My family consisted of my oldest siblings and brothers Killian and Dillan followed by my oldest sister Elise, me, the twins Derek and Diane, and finally my mom. Unfortunately, my father was no more. cancer decided to steal him away from us when I was around 8. leukemia to be specific.

Mom wants us all to forget about him but I don't.

_____________________________________________________

A/N: This chapter is a bit short because I want you all to get to know her a bit don't worry she has a fun side, things aren't gonna be all depressing throughout. So how was your day? and how is it going? :)