20| 𝚀𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜

KAI BRENT

KAI BRENT

  She looks pretty when she cries.

That was the first thought that popped into my head. A thought that I quickly take back due to the weird feeling it brought to my body.

All of a sudden I regret coming at this hour, the night was such a vulnerable time and I intruded on that.

Even I was confused why I found myself jogging across the street in the middle of me playing basketball practicing for Tuesdays game just to end up here.

I guess I was bored and summer was fun to argue with and in general bounce off of conversation wise.

I look at her wiping her eyes before she springs up walking towards me by the window to the point where shes less than a foot away staring into my eyes.

This is nerve-wracking but I got this- I think

"How the hell did you get in here?", she asks her red eyes blazing.

Oh she's mad. I don't got this

"Through the window", I say a bit too quickly.

I scratch the back of my head awkwardly searching for something, anything to light up the mood yet I got nothing.

Her eyes soften at my demeanor sensing my uncomfortable body language.

She sighs in exhaustion and falls unto her bed her back landing with a soft thud.

She stares up at her ceiling blankly her eyes trying their best to give nothing away.

I look at her my mind searching for and seeing an emotion that I recognize but can't exactly pinpoint. She looks sad but it's a type of sad that's agonizing, not the I lost my wallet kind but more like you lost something you for sure can't get back.

I'm not sure whether to pry and ask if she's ok or not although what I do know is I sure as hell don't want to leave her alone.

In this exact moment she reminded me of a fire. I knew if I approached her I would be warm but there was a high chance that I could get burned.

Do I want to take that risk?

I think I do.

———————————————————————