Chapter 2

Best timing

***

It was a week later after me and my ex broke up. Everything about him, even the sound of his name, made me cringe but I had to admit... a part of me was missing him. He was my first crush. The only one I ever loved to such an extent that I changed myself for him.

But I'm back to old me now. Is that a good thing? Yes and no... Yes because I can finally be myself without worrying about what he will think of me and if I will be good enough for him or not and no because I keep losing motivation to study and to do anything at all.

I was in this depression hole that I couldn't get out of. I needed something to get me back on my feet. And no. Not a boy. I had it with them. My background with boys is a messy one. One not to talk about quite yet...

My phone suddenly vibrated and the screen turned on. I stared at the notification I got as I read the first few words.

Summerville College

Whatever...

The phone turns off again as I lay back in my chair and sigh before my eyes suddenly widened as I realized what I just saw. I quickly sit up straight, causing the chair to squeak at my sudden action while I grab my phone and unlock it. I open the notification and carefully start to read it.

Summerville College

Dear Iris Harper

We are honored to say that we accept your request to join our college, the best in America, starting the 8th of September 2022

We saw your amazing academic performance and would more than anything be glad to accept to give you a scholarship and have you in our school

We hope to see you very soon

Kind regards,
Summerville Highschool

"OH MY GOSH!" I jumped up from the chair, causing it to spin as I do my victory slash happy dance, moving all around my room.

My mom walks in, slightly opening the door, and stares at me, completely dumbfounded and confused as to why her daughter was acting like an idiot. Well, I am always one but hey. You never see me like this very often. Okay. Maybe you do. A lot.

I look at her with an overwhelmed expression of pure excitement.

"I got in! They accepted me! I'm going to Summerville College!" I yelled out as I jumped up and down while my mom laughed.

"Well then. Congratulations." She laughed before shaking her head and walking away.

I smiled as I flopped down onto my bed and stared at the ceiling. I finally got something to get me back on my feet. I was so happy that I got into my DREAM college. I grabbed my phone again and started calling Lexi.

First, the phone rang, but she answered not soon after.

"Girl, guess what!" I yelled in excitement.

"What?" She replied while giggling softly.

"I just got a notification from Summerville College and they accepted me!" I squealed out.

"WHAT!? Oh my gosh, congrats!" She cheered and I had to pull the phone away from my ear from how loud she had yelled.

"Have you gotten any news from them yet?" I said as I knew she had to be accepted since she was very smart.

"Oh um...About that...I didn't get accepted..." She said sadly yet hid it with a hint of calmness.

The atmosphere suddenly got awkward and filled with all kinds of emotions in this moment of silence that was eating the both of us up. Fate just had to drag us apart at this moment, didn't it?

"Sorry..." She apologized nervously.

"Why are you apologizing? It isn't your fault. That means you're going to Hilton College right? Maybe I can decline them and-"

"Iris. No. Go to your dream college and study. You can't always do everything just because of me. I'm fine with it honestly. I have less pressure on my shoulders now if I go to Hilton College." She said calmly and I can just imagine her small smile.

"Are you sure?" I asked, genuinely sad that she couldn't get accepted to the one place we both planned to go.

"To be honest with you Iris, I only wanted to go there because you wanted to. I always wanted to go to Hilton College." She cheerfully admitted.

I softly giggled and shook my head, even though she couldn't see me.

"You better not be lying. Otherwise, I'll come over there and rip your head off." I laughed and so did she.

"Yeah yeah. Sure you would. Anyways. I'm not lying. I promise. Pinky promise." She laughed more and I joined in on it once again.

"Okay then. I'll get going now. Byeeee~." I said the last word in a fake flirty manner.

"Byeeee~." She mimicked me.

I hung up and sighed. Suddenly I got a ton of messages from Amber. Amber Wright was also one of my friends but we weren't as close as me and Lexi were and things between us were kind of awkward but we tried.

*-*

I got accepted!

Did you?

...

I smiled and started typing to reply with,

...

Yup!

But unfortunately, Lexi didn't get accepted...

Awwww

I'm so sorry

I know you two are like unseparable

I'm so sorry🥺

Nah. It ok

*-*

I sigh as I pout and say goodbye to her before standing up and heading to the bathroom to go shower after I grabbed my cream brown pajamas with cute pandas on them.

I finished and brushed my teeth before putting off my light and laying down in bed. I stare at the ceiling for a few minutes as I just imagine what my life will be like at Summerville College and also my plans for after College.

I really hope to keep my good marks as it is or maybe even do better.

---

A/N So today was my birthday and here's what happened😂,
I got Nike sneakers and black slippers from my mom. It was super pretty! 🥺 Then I got a cute necklace my sister made herself which was so cute😂 And my dad said happy bday to me first thing in the morning when he woke up!
I thought he would forget again😅Anyways.
I'm sitting in class right now for register😭 So Imma go and yeah

Love,
your dearest author