Chapter 42

TW!: another long chapter😂

Love Always Wins... Right?

***

It was lunch now and I made my way to Alex's class. I asked someone where he was right now, that's how I was able to find him. I found him walking out of the classroom with his blue bag hung over one shoulder. He looked amazing. I even saw a few girls simp over him to which he shyly smiled at.

He caught me in the corner of his eye and immideatly made his way to me, a look of excitement on his face.

"Quite the girls you got simping over you." I joked while he laughed in reply.

"Yeah uhm... I guess I get the attention not alot of people do." He nervously chuckled.

It got quiet between the two of us. Awkward quiet.

I took a deep breath in and exhaled again as I opened my mouth to speak.

"Look... I'm sorry for being rude to you before and ignoring you and what more." I apologized sincerely.

"All good." He shrugged asif it wasn't a problem at all.

"I just need to know something.." I hesitantly trailed off, asking him for permission to continue.

"Go ahead. The stage is yours." He joked, making me giggle a little. He stared at me in awe. I could see it.

I stopped as soon as I noticed and cleared my throat.

"Do you perhaps... like me?" I carefully questioned. It made me nervous to know the answer.

He sighed and looked at the floor. The hall around us was empty now.

"I-...I do." He admitted with a small nod before looking back up at me with a shy smile.

I frowned at his reply. Now came the part where you break their heart, something I was not good at.

"Do you, maybe, feel the same?" He asked as his voice got higher by every word.

I opened my mouth but closed it again. I tried to find the words that would let him down gently.

"I'm sorry." Was all I could come up with as I shook my head. I saw the dissapoint in his eyes. He felt hurt. I didn't even mean to let that happen. I hoped for this to go differently.

"I don't know how to make it up to you, you found my bracelet and here I am, rejecting you in return." I spoke my mind truthfully.

"You can... Come with me on a date?" He hesitantly asked.

"Alex, I-"

"A friend one." He quickly chirped in with a stoic face.

"Please?" He softly muttered out.

I thought long and hard about it. Should I? It's the least I can do to make it up to him.

"Fine." I sighed. He immideatly smiled in victory.

"Thanks!" With that, he kissed my cheek and happily walked away.

I frowned at his retreating figure and wiped the spot he kissed me with my hand. He didn't get the hint, did he?