Chapter 23

Hideout

***

It's been a week after the rumours started. I was being beaten everyday at school, sometimes even when I went out alone in public and they spotted me. I didn't even go to gym class anymore, I would hide in one of the bathroom stalls until random girls came in and started beating me up in there so I had to go hide somewhere else.

My brother still hadn't found out. Usually if he spots a a bruise on me, I would say I fell or don't really remember. I was a clumsy person after all so why would he not believe me?

I started hiding in the janitors closet. It's funny how no one has found me there yet. For lunch I would sit in there and one of the very sweet janitors even allowed me to when he spotted me. He said I didn't deserve this.

Louis and Denis was on my side and I was especially thankful that Louis was. They said that they knew I never did that because Nolan told them once, but they also said that Nolan doesn't even want to talk to them anymore. He always ignored them. I was so mad at him, I wanted to rip his head off or hit him with a shovel and burry him alive.

Right now it was lunch and I was on my way to my hiding spot.

"Hey! You!" A senior yelled out. He was the one that would usually beat me till I coughed blood.

I ran as fast as I could and turned the corner, into the janitors closet. Suddenly the door opened again and I was about to yell until a hand covered my mouth and the door closed again.

It was Nolan.

Again.

I heard footsteps outside, jogging up to here before stopping.

"Did you see Nolan?" A girl's voice asked. It sounded like Adeline.

"No. I was looking for that brat. Did you see her passing by, perhaps?" The senior boy asked.

"No. Either way I'm not interested. Ciao. Got work to do." Adeline explained before I heard her footsteps dissapearing.

I heard the senior groan and stomp away. I waited for a second before pushing Nolan away from me and putting on the little light.

"What the hell!?"​ I whisper yelled.

"Sorry. I was looking for a hiding spot." Nolan apologized softly as he sighed and ran his fingers through his hair.

"Oh please? From what? You're little girlfriend you don't have a crush on? Say, how is it seeing me suffer?" I sarcastically spat at him.

"If you're thinking it was me who caused this, it wasn't." He stated through gritted teeth.

"Pfft. Please. you were the only one that knew about all those incidents!" I scolded him, my arms crossed over my chest.

"Iris, listen. It wasn't-"

"Blah blah blah blah blah!" I repeatedly yelled out as I covered my ears.

He got furious and pushed me against the wall harshly, trapping me between his arms. I stopped covering my ears and held my hands to my chest as I stared at him with wide eyes from his sudden actions.

"It was Adeline. She overheard everything! She forced me to do this! Believe me, Iris!" He yelled at me in a pleading tone.

We stared at each other, straight in the eyes. His eyes were soft as they stared at mine that showed nothing. Our bodies were only an inch away from each other.

He looked down to my lips and leaned in but I pushed him away roughly.

"I don't believe you. And now, thanks to you, I have to find a new spot to go hide before you give it away." I sarcastically pretended to be thankful before turning to walk away but he pulled me back to him.

"What do you mean a new spot to hide?" Nolan asked with narrowed eyes and a frown.

"Oh? You didn't know? Not even after one of the seniors were after me? Okay then... well, I'm being beaten up by everyone in school because of my 'perverted whore actions'. Now if you will excuse me..." I turned away and stormed out the janitors office.

Time to find a new spot. Again.

♡︎☯︎☘︎☯︎♡︎

Nolan pov

"You said you wouldn't hurt her!" I snapped at Adeline, ready to rip her head off her body.

"I don't control people's actions." She nonchalantly put out.

"Oh, but you control mine? So I'm not a human? I'm an alien perhaps?" I sarcastically questioned.

"You had a choice. You made the decision. It was your choice, not me forcing you." Adeline explained to me with a fake smile on her face. Gosh, I wish I could wipe it away.

"You barely gave me a choice!"

"Don't raise your voice at me! You ran to her and spilled everything! I know you did! You are so damn lucky she didn't believe you otherwise she would have been in trouble now! And this time it will be by my actions!" Adeline yelled back, stepping closer to me.

A tear escaped my face and she straightened herself.

"Oh love. I'm sorry. It's just... I hate betrayal." She softly explained as she wiped away my tear.

I leaned closer to her ear and whispered:

"You're a monster." With that, I stomped away to wherever my feet took me.

I took a glimpse of her. She was shocked. She showed a hint of hurt but pushed it away as I walked further and further into the hall.

Right now, I was going to make sure that everyone who beat her up gets punished for it.

I spotted the guy that chased Iris before the closet incident and dragged him to behind the school.

"What the hell dude!?" He yelled as I let him go.

I punched him, making him fall onto the floor. I climbed onto him and started repeatedly punching him until blood streamed out his nose and his mouth. His eyes were blood red and his cheeks were stained with blood.

"Touch her again and I'll make sure to kill you." I whispered threateningly into his ear before slamming him against the floor, making him pass out unconscious while I casually walk away. I wiped the blood off my hands, onto my black shirt and covered it with my jacket I had on.

Hell is on earth now.