Chapter 28

Storytime

***

♡︎☯︎☘︎☯︎♡︎

Nolan pov

I needed to look for Iris. She's been gone for a while now and we were going to start the activities in 10 minutes. The first place I went to was our tent. I went to check inside but someone came dashing straight into me and we winced with a 'oof' sound.

The girl rubbed her eyes and when she looked at me, I instantly realised who it was.

"Iris?" I asked. Her face was pale and she looked like she ran a marathon. It's the second time I see her like this. It made me genuinely worried about her.

"Stay with me." She said as if lifting a heavy burden off her shoulders.

"What?" I didn't understand. The one moment she wanted nothing to do with me, the next she begs me to stay with her for some odd reason.

"Stay with me. Please. Don't go anywhere. Stay with me. Please." She repeatedly begged over and over again.

I pulled her into a hug as I saw her eyes grow watery and red. She grabbed onto the sides of my shirt like her life depended on it.

She stopped sniffing and I pulled away from the hug.

"Friends?" I hopefully asked but she chuckled, wiping away evidence of small tears.

"Pfft. No." She replied, not even hesitating one bit.

"But promise me you'll stay by my side." She begged with pleading eyes.

Though it hurt, I was glad that we got one step closer.

"Promise."

I said it like I meant it. Because I did.

Soon we were given our tasks after a long chat of the danger in the woods. I have to admit, Iris seemed pretty off after the incident. She didn't want to tell me what happened. She just ignored the question. Ignored me.

♡︎☯︎☘︎☯︎♡︎

Iris pov

We had to go to the woods for a activity or whatever you want to call it. It consisted of these rules: 1. Each group gets assigned to a different spot. Whoever gets the red flag first, scores 50 points. Blue flags only gave you 5 points. 2. Beware of snakes. 3. No taking other teams' flags. 4. Watch out for snakes.

As simple as that. Wow. Now that totally sounds hard doesn't it? Anyway, we were at the starting line of the area we were assigned to start at.

It was me, Nolan, Louis and Denis.

I didn't talk to anyone, my mind was filled with thoughts of Caden's threat against Nolan. I took a glimpse at Nolan but he caught me staring so I quickly looked away again.

"Iris, are you-"

"Okay guys. Let's keep our eyes out for that flag." I stopped Nolan from talking.

Denis and Louis didn't notice so they just cheered along with me, stretching like it was some championships or something. The whistle echoed the forest and everyone started marching forth into the woods.

Louis found a blue flag and so did I.

It worked as a distraction at first, but not for long. I got lost in thought as our team roamed the area with no sight of another flag.

"Maybe we should split up and meet back here in 10 minutes? I think we would find more flags faster." Louis requested.

We all agreed.

"I'll go with Louis!" Denis exclaimed, grabbing a hold of Louis and dragging him to the opposite direction of me and Nolan.

"Shall we?" Nolan nervously asked and I nodded with a tiny smile.

We walked deeper into the forest and found some flags. Eventually I got so drowned in my thoughts that I didn't pay attention to where I was walking or my surroundings.

I spotted a blue flag and went to pick it up but something hissed infront of me and the next thing I knew, it lunched at me.

"Iris!" I heard Nolan yell as pain moved through my arm.

"Agh!" I exclaimed, hitting away whatever snake it was.

My arm started bleeding a little out of two holes and Nolan sat down next to me.

I held onto my arm in pain, wincing at every move I make as I let out a painful groan.

"It hurts." I cried out.

He took my arm to his lips and started sucking on the sore spot as I watched him, the pain starting to burn.

Maybe those rules weren't so simple after all.

He spat out a lot of my blood and picked me up, bridal style.

"Let your arm hang sothat the blood doesn't flow to the rest of your body. We don't know if the snake is poisonous." I nodded, resting my head on his shoulder.

I was in serious pain and I started getting dizzy.

He quickly carried me to the camp site again and called for medics.

They questioned about the snake and I told them it was a dark green snake. I started catching a fever not soon after and they immideatly injected me with shots and what more.

It calmed me down but it didn't calm the fever. They took a hospital blood bag with my blood type and started drawing some of my blood before letting the other blood run through my system, replacing the old and poisoned blood. What's it with me and poison?

Nolan was with me through the whole event, never letting go of my hand through the whole ride I was put into because it sure was a poisonous snake. He even went to the hospital with me, assuring me it was going to be okay every five minutes. I think he was only assuring himself that in the end. I barely heard everything the medics were telling Nolan. It all seemed muffled and blury.

My vision darkened, my eyelids growing heavy before it all went pitch black like some blackout or something.

Hospital, here I come. Again. Maybe I might even die this time. What a bummer. I didn't even have my first kiss yet. Maybe I am the bummer.

Happy new years everyone✨🎊