Chapter 6

Again?

***

1 week later

***

Not once have I bumped into the bathroom dude again and therefore I am very thankful. I walk up to the girls and sit down. They both seemed so concentrated on a piece of paper.

"What are you two doing?" I asked confused.

"We forgot to study for biology." They both replied in sync.

"Oh my word. I don't know how you two passed these last few years." I said with genuine worry written on my face.

"Listen. We aren't 'mistress sit and study on vacations 24/7'." Amber said a little annoyed yet calm.

"Okay. Just saying." I said as I put my hands up before taking out a book and continuing to read it from where I stopped last time.

"Omg!" Adeline suddenly screeched.

"Adeline! You made me make a mistake!" Amber whined as she stomped her feet.

"Sorry, not sorry." Adeline shrugged with a proud smirk.

"But hey! That's the guy I was talking about." She continued dreamily as she pointed at him.

Me and Amber snapped our heads in that direction. My eyes immediately widened.

"Adeline... You do know who that is right?" Amber spoke as she turned back to Adeline.

"Nolan Morelli. The biggest bad boy in the school. Yes. I know." She replied, not even blinking or looking away from the bathroom dude.

"Eww." I frowned as I stared at him before looking back at Adeline.

"Eww? You don't think he's hot?" Adeline asked and I look away for a second before shaking my head as a no.

"Either your standards became sky high or you are blind to the core." Amber sighed out.

"How dare you." I sarcastically argued and she rolled her eyes.

"Wait...what did you say his name was?" I randomly asked.

"Nolan. Why?" Adeline replied.

"His name sounds weird." I replied.

"He's half French." Amber simply put out for me as she took a bite of a cracker.

"That explains it." I shrugged.

"French. Hot. Cute. Bad boy. So my type." Adeline dreamed on.

"Okay, Adeline. We get it. Now be a good girl and shut up for mommy, okay?" Amber said asif she was talking to a baby.

"Amber. I will kill you." Adeline warned sarcastically.

I started laughing as the both of them argued.

The bell rang and we all quickly scurried away to our classrooms. I had sports studies while Amber and Adeline had biology together. I wish them luck in that test. I didn't take biology so I'm good.

I sit down in the back once again and just as I did, the teacher walked in.

"Morning everyone. Please be quiet... Thank you. From tomorrow on, we will have the physical part of this subject so please bring your gym clothes tomorrow. There will be another coach assisting you there so please behave. That's all I have to announce. Now. Today you have a free period so do what you want, but do not break down the class. Okay? Good." The teacher smiles sweetly before sitting down.

Most of the people started talking and others just took out their phones. I took out my book and continued reading it once again. I was nearly finished with this one.

It was a book about a girl with autism that was extremely smart. She became an attorney and everyone thinks she is extraordinary yet weird at the same time. She loves to talk about whales and only eats sushi every day. She fell in love with this boy that everyone loves and blah blah blah.

After a while, the bell rang and I could go home. I think Amber still had one subject left today. Oh well. I went to my locker and packed everything into my bag before heading out.

"Fight fight fight fight fight fight fight!" A whole crowd chanted from the side of the school. I took a peek and saw people crowded around two boys. One was that Nolan dude and the other... Oh hell no.

I push through the crowd of people in a hurry to get to the front to make sure I saw it right. And boy did I wish I was just seeing things.

"LIAM HARPER!" I yelled out at the top of my lungs.

"Sh!t..." I heard the familiar boy whisper.

Both of them snapped their heads toward me with wide eyes and the crowd got quiet.

Nolan had his grip on Liam's collar of the shirt and his fist in the air, ready to punch while Liam was pulling on Nolan's hair and his other hand on Nolan's wrist.

Liam quickly jumped up and wriggled himself out of Nolan's grip.

"I-Iris..." He stuttered as he stood up limply.

I just scoffed and walked out of the crowd again.

"Iris!" He yelled out as he chased behind me as fast as he could, but I ignored him and continued to walk.

He quickly grabbed his bag from the chair and followed behind me again.

"Iris!" He yelled again. He caught up to me and grabbed my wrist, spinning me around to face him.

"Iris listen-"

"Listen? To what? How you got into a fight? Again? Or one of those 'he came up to me and blah blah blah' excuses?" I asked in disbelief.

"Iris..." His eyes softened a lot more as they stared at me.

"No. I'm tired of this." I softly said as my voice cracked and I tugged my wrist back out of his grip before dashing away.

After what felt like forever, I arrived home. I didn't greet anyone and just went up to my room immediately. I slammed the door shut and threw my bag next to the bed before collapsing onto the bed.

Today just had to be ruined, didn't it? A sudden knock comes from the door and I glare at it before another knock is heard.

"Go away!" I yelled annoyed.

"Iris-"

"Don't let me repeat again. This is the last warning I'm giving. Go. Away." I strictly warned before the tears I was holding back, came rushing down my cheeks like rivers with a never-ending flow.

"Please..." I continued and heard footsteps disappearing.