Chapter 21

Gym 'Buddy'

***

Sitting at the table with Amber and Adi was kind of awkward today. Perhaps because I kept acting like I did something I wasn't supposed to do and the two of them kept staring at me like an eagle that spotted their prey.

"Okay. What did you do?" Amber finally broke the silence, but I preferred the silence over the questions.

"Nothing. Why?" I nervously shake my head.

"You are acting like a guilty child. Plus you suck at lying." Adi stated.

"I did nothing! For real. I don't know why but I'm feeling nervous for some reason." I shrugged, finally admitting a part of the reason as to why I'm acting this way.

"A boy?" Amber asked with a twinkle in her eyes. Yeah, I wasn't one to easily have boy problems I guess.

"No? I don't know?" I could have sworn that I just mashed everyone's brain in the blender. Even my own.

"Oh my gosh! It has to be!" Amber exclaimed as she slammed her hands on the table, staring at me with big round eyes and an excited expression.

"It is indeed." A deep voice came from behind me. I turned to face the person and saw Louis and Denis standing there with similar smirk on their face. Behind them stood a flushed Nolan and he gave me a sympathetic stare.

"I'm out of here." Nolan escaped whatever torture was about to be brought up onto me.

"Uhhhh...?" I waited for them to speak. Louis plopped himself down next to me with Denis between Adi and Louis.

He pulled out his phone and a video started playing. It was a video of me and Nolan in gym class where he was helping me adjust myself to do the squats with the weight. Then there was another one where Nolan walked up to me and whispered something in my ear, but from the angle the video was taken, it made it seem like Nolan was pecking my cheek or perhaps my jawline.

"Oh... my..." Amber was gobsmacked and so was Adi.

"Like...who kisses like that in public?" Denis questioned as he shrugs his shoulders and point at the scene.

"He wasn't kissing me! He was whispering something in my ear!" I retorted nervously, knowing everyone mistook the incident.

"What did he whisper? Sweet nothings?" Louis asked with a playful smirk.

"No!" I yelled loudly and I could have sworn the whole cafeteria heard me.

"You're blushing!" Amber pointed out and I put my hands over my cheek.

"I-I'm going to the bathroom." I uttered out and scurried my way to the bathroom.

I went inside and rinsed my face. They weren't lying when they said I was blushing. I was as red as a tomato. Literally.

I suddenly got pulled out of the bathroom and it was none other than Nolan that was behind it.

"Men's bathroom? Again?" He questioned with a teasing smirk, not letting go of my wrist.

I looked at the door and my mouth dropped to the floor.

"Here to stalk me again?" He speculated, indicating to the accident from before.

"Seriously!?" I whisper yelled. He said that so loud that anyone could have heard it.

"What? I'm just stating facts. Admit it. You're stalking me." He continued teasing me. I slapped his arm so loud that the noise echoed the hall.

"Ow!" He hissed, rubbing his arm. "Do you ever stop smacking people?" He questioned in a high pitched voice, staring me up and down with an insulted expression.

"You mean stop smacking you? Maybe one day when you get brains, I will." I answered back with a proud smirk.

My eye caught someone. I snapped my head to the person and there stood Adi. She looked furious and I realized why. I looked at Nolan's hand wrapped around my wrist and I ripped mine back before walking over to Adi.

"Adi! Adeline!" I called out but she ran away already. I sighed sadly, knowing she would never forgive me.

"What's wrong?" Nolan asked.

"She likes you but now she thinks we're dating because of that video." I sadly admitted.

"But... I don't like her like that... " He awkwardly trailed off.

I looked at him with soft and sad eyes before pursing my lips.

"She really likes you though. Give her a chance and go explain everything to her. Please. For me?" I begged pleadingly.

"What? No. I won't even do it for you. Who says I don't already like someone else? Now you're forcing me to date someone I don't like? No." He laughed, but his voice was strict and serious as he shook his head and narrowed his eyes with a frown.

"Well, do you?" I asked, hoping it was a no.

"Do I what?"

"Like someone?"

"..." Silence. I didn't like this kind of silence. He stared at me with disbelief in his eyes and clenched his jaw.

"I can't believe you." He uttered out in a tone that made me wince for some reason.

He walked away, leaving me behind. I stared at the floor, knowing there was no hope at all. Not even a bit.

I walked back to the cafeteria and Amber stood there by the table, looking more worried than ever. Even the boys were looking confused and worried.

"What happened?" I asked when I reached them.

"Adi was crying. Do you think it's because... you know?" I nodded at Amber's speculation.

"It's all my fault." I started to whimper as a tear rolled down my cheek. I wiped it away but it kept coming.

"Oh, Iris. No." Amber was ready to give me a hug but I jogged away. I bumped into a rock hard chest and looked up to see my brother.

"Iris?" He questioned worriedly.

I wrapped my arms around him and let all the tears escape as he gently caressed my back, holding me close to him.

"Want to talk?" He asked and I nodded. I explained everything to him before the bell rang but he asked for permission sothat me and him can take one lesson off because of what happened and the teacher's agreed happily.

I felt like the worst person ever.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

I just want to thank one of the readers that has been supporting my book by voting and all. CherryP8, thank you <3. Also guys, please vote and leave a comment if you enjoy this book. Point out to any mistakes I perhaps make alot or any requests for something. Love ya'll!