Chapter 41

To Win The Queen

***

♡︎☯︎☘︎☯︎♡︎

Iris POV:

The next day, I arrived early at school. I noticed yesterday night that I had lost my necklace. Therefore, I got up early to go search in the library.

I looked everywhere, from the places I had walked all the way to where I fell but couldn't find anything. I sighed dissapointedly. It meant alot to me and to lose it was like losing a part of me.

I clutched onto my heart, feeling a wave of emotions hit me.

"Looking for this?" A voice softly said from behind me.

I snapped my head to look at the boy. It was Alex. He held his hand up halfway in the air. In his hand was the necklace I was desperately searching for, for hours now.

I tried to grab it but he quickly pulled it back.

"Nah-ah. Not until I get a thank you and you stop ignoring me." He pouted sadly and I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah fine. Whatever. Thank you. Now can I have it back?" I rudely spat. I was getting annoyed with this boy infront of me.

"Nicely." He softly ordered and I sighed.

"Thank you?" I said in a questioning manner.

"What's the magic word?" He asked as if he was speaking to a baby.

"Do I look like a kid to you?" I shot at him.

"Okay then I'll just keep thi-"

"Fine... Please." I begged, determined the get the necklace back.

He smiled, sending me a nod and finally handing me my necklace again.

I quickly grabbed it and opened the heart. Clearly he didn't know there was a photo inside, judging by his expression.

But it wasn't just any photo.

*-*

After a long talk of what me and Nolan planned to do on Saturday with Adeline and Caden, we just relaxed a little. I was at his house since his mother was away for work. We cuddled in each other's embrace and stared into each other's eyes.

His eyes were shimmering like never before. His soft facial features had contrast as the sun perfectly shined on him.

His eyes then widened in excitement, like a child that remembered they still had a chocolate in the cubourt left.

"Sit up. Quickly." Nolan ordered me.

"Why?" I chuckled but, nevertheless, I did as told. I stared at my reflection in the mirror just across the bed from us. He sat up too and grabbed something from his pocket.

He then looked at my neck and placed a necklace over my head before gently clipping it at the back and letting it drop to just above my chest.

It seemed so unique and the patterns were almost antique. I looked at the sides, it almost reminded me of those necklaces with photos inside. I tested to see if it really was and I was correct. It opened, revealing a photo of me and Nolan.

"Oh my word... Out of all photos... It had to be that one." I laughed as I stared at him from the mirror.

He wrapped his arms around my waist from behind and rested his head in the crook of my neck, kissing my neck gently and softly as it sent shivers down my spine.

"Well I like the photo, besides, I wanted something that you can never forget. Muahaha." He claimed, mimicking a deep and evil laugh at the end before tackling me with kisses all over.

"Hahaha! Nolan stop!" I laughed, trying to escape his hold as I couldn't stop laughing and my body dropped to the bed, making him hover over me.

He stopped the kiss explosion and stared into my eyes. I saw love. Care. Passion. I saw everything he possibly felt for me. He placed his soft and kissable lips onto mine. I kissed back, our lips moving in sync.

I loved this man more than everything.

I can't bare losing him.

*-*

I stared at the photo. In the photo, me and Nolan were making silly faces. His eyes were directed to his scrunched up nose as he made a weird pout and my tongue was stuck out as I also stared at my nose, making our eyes cross over. I smiled at the photo and a tear rolled down my cheek, onto the little necklace.

Alex noticed this.

"Are you okay? Who is that guy in the photo?" He questioned.

"Morelli." For the first time in a month, I spoke of him. It made me miss him more than before.

"The idiot that made my life whole." It wasn't an answer to Alex's question, but rather a reminder to myself to say just how much he meant to me and that I can no longer ignore him popping up in my mind.

"I love you." Nolan's distant voice rang in my ears.

"Well... Where is he?" He asked, sounding almost sad and defeated. I guess he knew the bond between me and Nolan.

"He's-" Before I could finish my sentence, the bell interrupted me.

"Sh!t." I muttered and ran out the library, making my way to class. I finally arrived and excused myself for being late. When I sat down, I decided to rather keep the necklace in the side of my bag for incase it fell off again. It was the only photo I had of him. All the other photos were on his phone, not mine.

Note to myself, take photos on your phone next time.

Next time...

I wondered if there would even be a next time.

Alex walked in not soon after, I nearly forgot he was in the same business class as me. He sat down next to me, looking rather heartbroken and sad.

I sighed, knowing he probably liked me but I never had the heart to turn one down. Knowing Nolan's love for me, he would want me to move on. He was a goner to everyone, even his friends and mother. But not to me. To me, he was still there.

And I'll never let go of that thought.