Chapter 50

Bad Boy VS Family

***

"So Nolan. What do you want to be one day?" My father questioned him, currently all the men were sat down by the kitchen table while the rest of us, the woman, got the food ready.

"I'm not really sure yet... I know I don't have a lot of time to decide anymore but I don't know. Maybe a college professor or a lawyer." Nolan spoke truthfully.

"That's a lot of hard work." My father spoke, emotionless. "It is, but I can do it. So I believe." Nolan nervously chuckled.

"Stop torturing the young man." My mother spat at my dad when she placed down the chicken and the mashed potatoes.

"I barely did anything!" My father squealed offendedly. "Whatever you say. Iris, bring the vegetables." My mother rushed me from placing everything neatly in the bowl.

"Okay, okay." I rushed over with the bowl of veggies and placed it next to the chicken. Lexi then rushed over with the chips and placed it between the veggies and mashed potatoes.

"Alright. That all?" My mother questioned. "Yup." I popped the 'p' sound.

We all sat down and prayed before digging away into the food. Nolan answered all the questions of my dad while he tried his best to find a gap to take as much as a bite of his food. Even my brother joined in on the questioning.

I never seen Nolan this nervous. His leg was slightly bouncing and he kept looking everywhere in the room to avoid eye contact from everyone.

He tried to eat his chips with the fork but it kept falling off since it was a bit squishy and oily. Mom always found a way to make things squishy and never crispy.

"And where do you-" "You don't have to eat everything with the fork. We're not those strict royalty people." I chuckled at Nolan, cutting off my brother from whatever question he was about to ask.

I saw a slight relief in Nolan's eyes. He must have been pretty worked up from all that. Lol. He's net even half-way done eating while everyone else except dad is almost finished.

"You sure? I don't want to seem like some pig." He whispered, hoping no one would hear. I nodded reassuringly and he immediately placed down his fork, staring at the fries before awkwardly picking it up with his hand and eating away.

"Stop staring. Eat your damn food." I hissed at both my brother and father. My brother shot me a glare and I just stuck my tongue out at him like some 5 year old bickering with her brother.

Eventually we all finally finished eating and me and Lexi did the dishes, talking about everything that happened to us when we weren't together.

"No, because when I told the teacher my dog legit ate my homework, he didn't believe me. So what was I supposed to do? Say it was an excuse cause I can promise you, it sure as hell wasn't." Lexi shrugged while I tried best not to laugh and drop a plate.

Whenever I laugh, I can't walk, talk or hold things. It's like parts of my body goes numb. I once fell by the stairs when I was laughing.

"Your brother really doesn't like me." Nolan's deep voice echoed my ears as he entered the kitchen after talking to my parents in the livingroom.

"You think?" I raised my eyebrows at him, still recovering from my previous laughter.

"I don't think. I know." He added, walking up to me. "Now, now. As much as I like you, back off. This is my girly. Move." Lexi chased Nolan away.

I started laughing again when Nolan made this facial expression that was like: "But why?" He seemed really offended.

"You guys have to stop being mean to him." I shook my head, packing away the last dish Lexi washed before walking up to Nolan.

"I'm not mean, just honest." Lexi tried to come up with an excuse, but a funny one. Epic fail.

I shook my head again and hugged Nolan. "Are they rude to you?" I questioned like a owner talking to its dog.

"Yes." Nolan pouted like a baby. My brother walked into the kitchen, overhearing the conversation and shot Nolan a glare and he quickly shook his head, pursing his lips.

"Nope. Not rude. I was just joking. Hehe." "Aww. Mister bad boy is scared of my family." I teased him, making him blush.

"I'm not. I'm just... nervous?" I laughed when his voice got higher by every word and his shoulder moved more upwards as he talked until he full on shrugged.

"It's okay. It happens." I ruffled his hair and walked over to my brother, throwing a hard punch into his arm.

"Ow! For why!?" He yelled, rubbing his arm. "Stop being rude to Nolan." I warned, walking away like nothing happened.

"Damn lizard." I heard him whisper, making me stop in my tracks. "Squished bumblebee." I retorted, turning to face my annoying brother.

"Leprechaun." "Horse face." "Snollygoster." "Smellfungus." "Milksop." "Bra face." "Ninnyhammer." "Suger tits."

"You did not just insult my man tits." He gasped loudly, putting both hands over his chest.

"Yes. I did." I cross my arms proudly.

"You- other word for a girl dog!" He yelled, making sure he doesn't swear because dad would beat his butt.

"Liam!" My mom yelled from the living room. "She started it!" He defended. Well, tried. "Me? You called me a lizard!" "Because you look like one! Lizard face!"

Both Lexi and Nolan were just switching their gazes from me to my brother and back to me the entire time.

"Atleast I don't look like a horse that ran into a damn wall and squished his nose to the point he looks like a damn pug!"

"Liam Ashton Harper! Iris Mekayla Harper! Enough!" Father yelled, making our mouths shut close and everything go quiet.

"Sorry dad." Me and Liam apologized.

I shot a glare at Lexi when I heard her slip out a second of a laugh. She turned away from my glare and pretended she didn't find this situation funny. Nolan just stood there, dumbfounded and gobsmacked. Another lost puppy. Yay.