Chapter 46

A Promise Is A Promise

***

"Iris." Nolan stood infront of her, so close she could reach him.

"Iris." He called for her with a face of worry.

"Iris. You need to wake up." He said. Iris took a step forward, making him take one back.

She was furious, she always had dreams like this and whenever she would try to get near him, he would move away.

"Stop. I need you." She reached out her hand as he stared at it before looking back up at her.

"Wake up!" He suddenly yelled.

Iris shot up so suddenly, panting.

"Iris, are you okay?" Her mother questioned her. She scanned the room she was in and immideatly knew where she was and what had happened last night.

She sighed, rubbing her aching head.

"Yeah, I'm okay." Was all that could come out of her mouth.

"The doctor said you just had a panic attack and that you're good to go once you wake up. You don't know just how worried I was when they called." Her father sighed sadly, but he smiled, being glad his daughter was safe and sound.

Iris nodded.

She was able to leave the hospital after a little check up. She didn't say a word on the ride home or even when they were at home. She just headed straight to her room.

"Iris! Wait! Let's talk!" Her mother's sad voice called but she ignored it and just put on headphones, drifting off to sleep.

The weekend passed by slowly. Iris just sat in her room the whole day and only came out for a little snack. Her brother threatened to kill whoever made her this upset. But she didn't care. Infact, she was finally empty.

She would walk to the bathroom and look at her ugly wrists. There were marks as old as time but after the incident, she added a new one on every passing day.

It was school and though she didn't want to go, she had no choice. She walked the halls, not paying much attention to what's going on around her until she bumped into someone.

"Sorry." She apologized.

"Iris?" The voice asked softly. She looked up and met eyes with a familiar someone.

"Are you okay? Friday you seemed-"

"I'm sorry. I... I had a panic attack. I know it's not an excuse for why I ditched you, but-" she cut him off, only to be cut off by him again.

"It's okay. I don't mind. You seemed to have been going through alot." He carefully stated and she nodded, looking back down at the floor again.

"I should go to class." She softly claimed, pulling her sleeves more up to the middle of her palms, walking off again.

"Iris." Another person called out for her. This time it was Louis.