Chapter 45

Panic

***

♡︎☯︎☘︎☯︎♡︎

Author POV:

"So, what's your type?" Alex asked after a long laugh between the two.

"Hmmm. Someone hot. Kind. Playful. Funny." Iris replied.

"Come on! Get into the details." He pouted to which she laughed before continuing.

"Dark brown hair. Hazel eyes that looked almost blue in the light. Red, soft, plumpy lips that makes you want to kiss them none stop. A muscular toned body that perfectly engulfs mine. Tall and bada$$. Stubborn. Loving. Warm..." She stated everything so sweetly and softly as she thought back to her first and only love, Nolan, as she stared at the food infront of her, taking a bite of the cooked shrimp.

"Yours?" She asked with her mouth full, looking back up at Alex.

He had a sad expression on his face, knowing well she was talking about the person in the photo from her necklace. He shook it off and smiled again. But Iris knew his smile was fake, nevertheless, he stayed honest.

"You." Too honest.

Iris frowned and stopped smiling. She wanted to say something but sirens suddenly echoed the streets. It was close. Very close. Her eyes widened and her breathing got heavy. Curious people started whispering.

"What happened there?" Someone asked the other as they entered the building Iris was in.

"It looks like someone is having a seizure." The other replied.

But it wasn't the only thing that made her panic.

"Wasn't there a couple there last time where, I think, the boy got shot or something?" The man spoke and sat behind Iris on another table.

"Stabbed. I feel so sorry for them. Imagine it happened to us?" The woman replied sadly.

Iris felt like she couldn't breathe anymore. Everything around her was turning.

"Smile." He begged desperately. She shook her head and allowed the soft whimpering sounds to escape her lips.

It flashed in her mind.

"Please. For me." He asked again as a lonely tear escaped his eye.

He took her hand, that closed his wound, into his.

She shook her head, trying to get rid of the flashback.

She smiled weakly, causing him to smile back. But her smile faded as soon as it came when she felt the blood drench her hand and his heart slow as his skin became a faint pale.

He gulped and she could see he was now struggling to breathe or even stay awake as his eyelids grew heavy.

"I love you." He whispered with a weak smile.

She didn't want to be reminded.

"Stay please..." She whimpered.

Her face was stained with both his blood and her tears.

"Please..." She begged as his eyes fluttered closed before shooting open again.

He sent her a playful smirk as she begged for him. She wanted to hit him for being reckless during this specific timing but she held it aside, focusing on her one and only love.

The sirens were now outside the restaurant.

"I love you." He whispered with one last breath. His eyes finally shot closed.

She didn't want to remember.

"No. Nolan? Babe? Wake up. Their here. You're going to be okay now. Nolan? Nolan!? No! Wake up! Wake up, please! Wake up!" She shook his limp body.

"Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!" She repeatedly shouted.

The paramedics quickly made their way inside, rushing to the body that was embraced by a smaller figure that was also pale, but not because she was drained of blood, instead, it was because of the trauma she now had experienced.

"No, please... You can't leave me..." She whimpered softly, resting her forehead on his.

She couldn't handle it anymore

"I need you..."

"Iris. Iris. Are you okay?" Alex worriedly scanned her face as she snapped back to reality. She noticed the tears wetting her dress and her cheeks that were wet. Her eyes were burning and were as red as blood.

"I can't... I can't..." She shook her head as people started chattering, bringing her back to a month ago.

"Iris. Talk to me." Alex pleaded but she just continued shaking her head and repeatedly hit her head with her hands in panic.

"Iris." Alex pleaded.

"I will never forget that couple. I wonder if their okay now." The man behind her said.

"A seizure? That's bad." A woman on the table beside them frowned at the man infront of her.

"I can't..." Iris whispered again, her breathing growing heavier by the second.

"Remember that couple from a month ago? This reminds me of them." Another woman frowned, holding her child close to her while sadly looking at her husband.

"Stop!" Iris jumped up, the whole restaurant grew quiet as they stared at the girl.

"That's her. She was the one in that accident from a month ago." The couple behind her whispered to each other.

"Iris what-" Before Alex could continue, she ditched him.

"I can't believe her. Her lover died and now she is with another man and she just ditched him?" A wife by the entrance of the door shot a glare at Iris.

She couldn't handle it anymore. It was all too much for her. She stepped outside and eyed the ambulance taking a girl to their car.

She felt dizzy all of a sudden and the next thing she knew, she blacked out.

"I love you" His voice echoed in her head. His last breath being clearly heard unlike last time.

His bloody figure flashed in her mind repeatedly, his voice not leaving her mind.

It had scarred her bad. Maybe she should have listened to Louis. Maybe she should have spoken to someone. Maybe she wouldn't have reacted this way if she did.

Or maybe it would have broken her more, repeatedly reminding her of this incident she wished to never remember. Or maybe it would have drove her crazy as the trauma was too much for her.

"I love you." She wanted to hear him say that a thousand times to her.

Not just in her dreams, or her memories. She wanted to hear them in real life as he stood infront of her, hugging her close to him. She wanted him. She needed him.