Chapter 22

Rumours

***

The next day of school, I was hoping to explain everything to Adi. She deserved to know I didn't have feelings for Nolan. I liked Louis. Though it seemed that the feelings weren't mutual but still. I had my hopes on that.

♡︎☯︎☘︎☯︎♡︎

Adeline pov

When I saw the video of Nolan and Iris, I felt a wave of jealousy and fury hit me. Iris was a nice person but I could not believe that after I told her I liked Nolan, that she would go after him. I was beyond furious.

She went to the bathroom and after watching everyone replay the video, I decided to follow. Maybe it was a misunderstanding? I wanted to hear it from her. Even though it hurt, I needed to know the truth.

I calmly made my way to the bathroom. The hall was almost empty other than two or three students passing by everyone now and then.

I reached the bathroom and saw Iris being dragged out of the men's bathroom by Nolan. I was just around the corner from them and heard everything they were saying. I noticed how Nolan didn't want to let go of Iris's  wrist and the way they looked at each other.

"Maybe one day when you get brains, I will." Iris laughed as Nolan stared at her with this never-seen-before expression. Love. He stared at her with love in his eyes. I wanted to ruin it. I stepped out of hiding and they noticed me.

The look on Iris's face was filled with guilt. So she did know.

I scoffed and ran away, tears streaming down my face. I wanted revenge. I will get what I want. No matter the cost.

"Adi, are you okay?" Amber worriedly asked as I grabbed my bag, but I didn't reply. I ran out the doors of the school and headed straight home after climbing into my car. I was going fast. Past the speed I was allowed to go.

She will regret what she has done. I will make sure of it.

♡︎☯︎☘︎☯︎♡︎

Nolan pov

For a moment I thought that Iris liked me. I looked at her and she held these emotions in her eyes. I never seen her look at her own friends in that way. Not even her parents. No one. But the moment Adeline came to view and she begged me to go after her and give her a chance, I felt a pang of hurt hit me.

I admit it. I have feelings for her. I don't know for how long I have but I realised it the moment she passed out in my arms and I took her to the hospital. I was in such state of panic that even though my father was the only doctor avaliable and I hated him with a passion like no other, I begged him to help her.

I flipped out in rage after she asked me If I did like someone. I couldn't believe she would do something like that. Or perhaps it was because I got my hopes up, thinking she liked me. It really hurt me.

♡︎☯︎☘︎☯︎♡︎

Iris pov

I walked through the halls with my brother beside me. He decided to walk with me today. He was furious as to what Nolan said to me but I begged him not to do anything, which he agreed to... hesitantly.

I noticed all the stares on me as I walked through the hall to my locker. They were all whispering and pointing at me. Men looked at me with disgust and the girls looked at me with the 'who do you think you are?' look.

"Why is everyone staring at you?" Liam asked suspiciously.

"I don't know." I shrugged as I put away a few of my things and locking my locker.

I turned around and Amber stood infront of me with her arms across her chest and Adeline behind her.

"Adi, I need to-" I wanted to explain myself but was stopped by a loud and powerful slap that snapped my head to the side.

I blankly stared at the floor, no emotion what-so-ever.

"Why did you do that!?" Liam yelled at Amber.

"That's what she gets for what she did!" Amber yelled back.

"And what exactly would that be?" Liam asked through gritted teeth.

"She stalked Nolan into the men's bathroom and tried to force him into a relationship with her. And it wasn't the first time she stalked him. It happened three times." Amber said as she stared at me with anger in her eyes.

Adeline smirked for a split second before putting on a sad face again when Amber turned to face her and they both walked away.

"Is it true?" Liam asked softly.

"No." I uttered out, my voice almost cracking as tears threatened to escape. But what hurt me most was when Adeline ran up to Nolan and hugged him. He hugged her back and looked at me with an emotionless expression.

All the stares, the whispering, Nolan and Adeline... it made me overwhelmed.

"I believe you. I know my sister would never do something like that." Liam's voice was barely heard over all the whispers as he hugged me and dragged me away from there.

The rest of the day went exactly like that. But it got worse by every minute until the point where I was being beaten by students that called me useless, disgusting, pervert, whore, ect.

I was beaten till black and blue and blood pouring out of some wounds. I didn't tell my brother though. I couldn't let him get in trouble for my problems. I know what he would do. He would beat them up until they have to go to the hospital. He would go as far as kill them if he ever had to.

I knew there could only be one person behind this. The only one that knew I accidentally walked into the men's bathroom three times now, was Nolan. It was him. The way he stared at me back in the hall that morning proved that it was him. And now everyone thought I was a pervert. I was not allowed to go to the bathroom during class anymore because even the teacher's despised me now.

One of them even said I brought it up upon myself. And perhaps he was right...