Chapter 11

Tick Tock goes the Clock

***

"Come on, come on, come on!" I attempt to start the car but it was a big and epic fail as it only roars before dying again. I groan and hit the steering wheel before climbing out and shutting the door harshly before looking at my watch again. It was past 7 am and school was about to begin at 8.

I started trotting away with my school bag steadily wrapped around my shoulder and down as it rests on my back. There was a slight frown on my face and I knew, me with the anger issues, wasn't going to calm down very soon.

So in order to calm down, I took out my earphones and propped them into my ears before turning on my music after connecting it to my phone. Immediately I calmed down but I still kept in mind that I would be late for school if I don't hurry.

Just a few minutes later, Mr. Morelli stopped in front of me with his motorcycle. BMW R1000. My eyes widen and I take one of the earphones out of my ear.

"Looks like Mrs. Harper needs a ride to school." He claimed with a smirk on his face that was only visible after he took off his helmet.

"No thanks." I retorted with a fake smile before attempting to walk past him but he jumped off his bike and pulled me back to him.

"Come on. You'll be late if you go by foot." He calmly spits out the facts I wish I could avoid somehow without having to do with him. I shot him a cold glare with a frown.

"Ouch. I thought we were friends back at the gym." He pretended to be hurt as he put his one hand over his chest.

"Exactly. You thought so. Not me. I still haven't forgotten what you did to my brother." I put out like an innocent girl that held a bloody knife behind her back.

"I thought you forgave me?"

"I have forgiven you. I didn't forget." I replied sweetly.

"Okay then. Be late." He shrugged and got back onto his bike before starting it.

My mind instantly started to regret my life decisions when I started walking and right when he put on his helmet, I stopped in my tracks and let out an unhumanly grunt as I walk back to him and put away my earphones and all.

"Fine." I spit out angrily as I avoid eye contact. I was embarrassed, to put it out as simple as possible.

"Well then. Get on. Eyeball." He teased which made me narrow my eyes at him.

"Eyeball?" I questioned, starting to feel the blood rush through my veins like they were about to burst any second now.

"Well your name is Iris, so... Are you getting on now or not? Because you are pretty much gonna get the both of us in trouble if you don't hurry your a-"

"Okay okay okay! I'm getting on!" I interrupted before getting on his bike. I held onto his shoulders but he rolled his eyes and took my hands, wrapping them around his waist before he pulls the handle back, making the bike roar twice.

"Oh wait." He said before turning around to face me as I let go of him for a second.

He takes the helmet in front of him that he had not put on yet and gently puts it on me. It was a black helmet with green stripes sticked onto the helmet in different shapes and sizes.

He turned back around and I held onto him again, nervous, and hoping that he wouldn't feel my heartbeat race its way out of my chest that felt like it had to stop moving for some reason sothat I don't breathe anymore. Why did he seem to care so much yet so little these past few days? Why are boys so complicated to understand sometimes?

He drove off in a hurry which made me kind off hold tighter onto him in surprise. I wasn't scared of bikes. I loved it. But the sudden pull away made me jolt a little and this bike was kind of faster than the Kawasaki Ninja 400 I drove last time and nearly crashed into a wall with, which shall not be spoken about. Ever.

We arrived at school. But to say that we were just in time, would be a misunderstanding. Because at first, we thought we made it just in time until we were 4 footsteps away from the door and the bell rang before we could even enter our own classrooms (not the same class by the way).

"Detention." The professor said with an innocent smile as he leaned on his hand, where his arm was resting on his desk and looked at me with closed eyes that had small wrinkles on the outer corners. The whole class had their attention turned towards me and sang a low 'oooh~' together in harmony as the nerd got detention.

This professor was well known for finding some way or another to let even the most innocent kids sit in detention for some reason or another. He loved it with a strong. Burning. Passion.

I let out a low grunt that only I was able to hear before slowly trudging my way to the detention class that was supposedly in room 28A. It was the exact classroom that everyone called the 'prison' room because the door was made of literal silver steel and the windows were caged with the same silver steel as the door.

There was almost no escape once you enter that room.

Or so goes the rumors from what I heard. And so I heard from my dear brother after he was nearly suspended for the fight that took place outside the school just a few days ago.

But I have to admit...Finding room 28A was quite the mission. Or maybe it is because I am blind. Never mind. Found it.