Chapter 38

TW: LONG CHAPTER!

A World Without You

***

♡︎☯︎☘︎☯︎♡︎

Author POV:

Iris watched the broad figure infront of her, turning to face her. His eyes shimmered and a smile formed on his lips as he stared down at her small figure.

But she couldn't look at him. She was traumatized. Her eyes traveled everywhere as the blood dripped onto the floor and the knife created a deadly state for the figure.

"N-Nolan?" She stuttered.

Everyone in the restuarant instantly grabbed their children and ran out, some panicked and others called the police and ambulance.

She reached her hands out to him but pulled them back again before she could touch him. She didn't know what to do.

"I don't know what to do..." She whimpered as she looked into his soft gaze, searching for anything that could assure her it would all be okay.

He kept smiling, trying to assure Iris that everything would be alright, until he let out a grunt when he tried to lift his arm and he collapsed to the floor with a loud thud.

Caden tried to run but a built man grabbed him and made sure he was to not escape. Adeline had her hand over her mouth as tears flowed like rivers down her cheeks.

Iris bent down and placed his head on her lap, staring at his weak figure.

"You're okay. You're okay... Right?" She whimpered even more, her voice finally cracking as a few tears effortlessly rolled down her chubby cheek.

"I'm okay." He whispered for only her to hear. He reached out his hand, cupping her face and wiping away the escaping tears with his thumb.

The knife was directly in the area of the heart and blood was staining everything it possibly could, it had put him in a state of jeopardy. He pulled out the knife, not being able to handle the pain. Iris couldn't bare it and whimpered softly. The floor was a mess, her dress was painted a dark red and Nolan's shirt looked like a murder scene. (It is)

"I don't know what to do... please tell me what to do..." She cried out, begging him for something. Anything.

She couldn't touch him. She was scared that if she did, that he might die then and there. He seemed too fragile to her right now. But she wanted to hold him. She didn't know if it might be her last moment with him...

"Hey. It's okay." He whispered again, this time sounding more assuring and desperate to see her smile. That's all he wanted. If it was to be his last moment with her, he would be more than thankful to see her smile instead of being broken in his embrace.

"No. No, it's not." She shook her head repeatedly. Amber walked back in after hearing the commotion and she let out a yelp in shock as she stared at the two figures in the middle of the building.

"Please, no..." Iris kept shaking her head, finally letting her hand rest on his face as she scanned the wound and pressed it closed with the other hand, her sences slowly taking control.