Chapter 1

"Hey Darling."

"Daddy," Mia smiled as she looked up from her book and locked her blue eyes onto the grey ones that were looking down at her through black rimmed glasses. She shut her book and got up from the couch, "you're finally home from work."

"I am," Owen Blackbourne nodded as his girlfriend's tiny arms wrapped around him, her jasmine scent surrounding him and mixed with his Irish Spring scent. "How was your day, Darling?"

"No, Daddy," She pouted as she hugged him tighter.

"Yes," he said maneuvering them until he sat on the couch and pulled her onto his lap. She straddled him and started playing with his tie while pouting. "Now Mia," he gently commanded as he pushed some of her long strawberry blonde hair behind her ear. "I want to hear about your day, tell me."

She huffed, closed her eyes, then opened and pulled herself out of Owen's lap. She headed over to the fireplace and started pacing. She could feel his eyes on her as he watched. She rolled her eyes as she knew he was already fixing his tie from her running it through her fingers.

"It was just a typical day at the ER, Owen," she sighed. "You know I can't tell you about anything."

He gripped her chin and made her look up at him, "You can and will give me vague details. It's not good to keep it bottled up inside you. It hurts you and that hurts me when you hurt."

She sighed and hugged him, "Sorry Daddy," She mumbled into his chest.

He kissed the top of her head, "you just needed to be reminded that's all. And don't think you got away with rolling your eyes, either." She giggled and hugged him tighter, "now tell Daddy all about your day."

"Three drunk driving cases, two spun out druggies, one attempted overdose," she mumbled, "then just general health issues."

"Any deaths?" He asked softly and she nodded making him sigh, "I'm so sorry Darling. But I'm proud of you for doing your very best."

"Thank you, Daddy," She mumbled as he rubbed her back gently.

"Feel better now?" he asked after a few moments, and she nodded. "Good, go get ready. My family is excited to finally meet you, now that everyone is back home after so long. We have to meet them in an hour. Did you already take a shower?"

"Yes Daddy," she said softly as she headed to her bedroom. She took her long strawberry blonde hair down from her bun and began to brush it. Once all the tangles were out, she quickly French braided it then headed to her closet.

She slipped on a grey dress, some low heels then started applying her makeup. "This collar will be perfect with this dress," Owen said as he undid her galaxy heart collar then replaced it with a silver chained heart and infinity symbol combined.

"Thank you, Daddy," She smiled as she continued doing her makeup.

"Do you remember what I told you about my family?" He asked as he watched her.

"You have a very large family and because of their jobs you haven't had everyone together in a couple of years. Also you said that even though none of them are your blood they are still your family because family isn't always blood. You helped me see that," she said as she finished applying her eyeshadow. She picked up her lip liner and smiled at him through the mirror.

"There is no reason to worry, Darling," he gave her that smirk that washed away all her concerns, "they will love you just as much as I do."

"That's not possible," She shook her head after applying her lip stain. She turned to face him, "My heart is entirely yours."

"Your heart is mine," he nodded, "and their hearts are mine just as my heart is yours and theirs as well. Just have faith, Darling."

"I do," She smiled as she wrapped her arms around his neck, "in you."

"Come," he said smacking her ass, "we can't be late." She giggled and grabbed her purse then followed him out to his car. He could tell her nerves were starting to get the best of her as he pulled into the driveway. He took her hand in his and gently kissed their intertwined fingers. "It will be okay, Darling, I promise and what do I say about my promises?"

"You never break them," she whispered and he gave her that special smile.

"Come on, time to meet the family."

"Wow, Owen, you said she is beautiful but you never said she was breathtaking," a man with green eyes and blonde hair smiled as they walked through the door.

"She's here?" a bunch of other male voices came throughout the house. "They're here?"

"Sit down," A Native American man with long black hair commanded as he came out of a room, "dinner is ready, ah, Owen, you made it just in time. Marc is just finishing up."

"Very well," Owen said gently squeezing her hand. "Come along, Darling."

Multiple voices gasped, "Darling?"