Chapter 31

"Here is some chicken and dumplings since your throat is still sore," North said as he sat a bowl down in front of her and Owen. "It's still a little hot so be careful."

"Thank you," she said softly then frowned in confusion when she saw he didn't give her any silverware.

"We got you a present, Baby," North said as he handed her a black box with a ribbon wrapped around it that had rainbow stars on it.

"Thank you," she smiled up at him. "But what's the occasion?"

"None," Marc shook his head. "We got it for you just because."

"They like to give gifts just because they want to, Darling, just like me," Owen said as he held the box for her. "Do you remember what I told you about presents?"

"Some people show that they care through giving to others and presents aren't always bad things. When it comes from someone special then presents are good things," she softly recited.

"Good girl," he said before kissing the back of her head. "Now open your present."

She gently pulled on the bow and slide the ribbon off, setting it down on the desk. Lifting the lid, she gasped and beamed, "Look Daddy!"

"I see, Darling," he said looking at how happy the men were seeing her so excited over her gift.

"Can I use them now, Daddy?" she asked as she removed the small fork and spoon with Mickey Mouse at the end of them. "Please?"

"Of course you can," he nodded. "I think they are perfect for your chicken and dumplings, Darling."

"Thank you!" She said hopping out of Owen's lap to hug North.

"You are very welcome, Baby," he smiled as he cherished the feeling of having her in his arms.

"Thank you," she repeated as she hugged the rest of the group one by one. Each one hugged her back and Owen noticed that their smiles were bigger than before afterwards. "I love them," she smiled as she sat back in Owen's lap and took the Mickey fork and spoon from him.

"You don't have to eat the whole bowl," Owen said as she gently blew on the spoonful of broth. "We know your throat is still sore. Just eat what you can, okay?"

"Okay," she nodded smiling as she took another spoonful of broth. "This is really good."

"Glad you like it," Marc and North said at the same time. "We can make it for you whenever you want."

"They keep this up and you'll get your wish of me gaining weight, Daddy," she whispered.

"All part of my plan, Darling," he smirked as he watched her eat. He casted a quick glance to North who was smirking. Owen knew North heard what she said since he had the best hearing from the group and he knew it was only a matter of time before North told the rest of them what she said.

"Daddy," she pouted softly when she had eaten about a fourth of the bowl.

"Is your pain getting worse, Darling?" he asked gently wiping a tear from her cheek.

"Yes," she whispered. "But..."

"You're still hungry?" he asked.

"Yes," she whispered.

Just then his phone rang, making him roll his eyes and groan in annoyance. "Darling, can someone else feed you while I deal with the incompetence at work?"

"Okay?" she asked nervously.

He silenced the ringing on his phone and turned her sideways so she could face him better, "I promise Darling that I have no problem with them caring for you if I am busy. There is no jealousy from me and if you ever decide you want to have a polyamorous relationship with all of us, there will still be no jealousy from us." His phone started ringing again making him roll his eyes and her giggle softly. He lifted her hand and gently kissed the promise ring on her finger. "Now be a good girl and let my family care for you while I go deal with work, okay?"

"Thank you, Daddy," she whispered as he kissed her forehead, "for understanding just what I need."

"Of course, Darling," he gave her a soft smile as she stood.

"Silas is good to cuddle with, Baby," North said gently as he picked up her bowl and silverware.

"You are more then welcome to come sit over here if you want, Angelos Mou," Silas nodded as he moved the blanket off his lap.

"Here you go, Cupcake," Luke said as he came down the stairs and handed her the magician Mickey stuff animal. "I figured you would want this to help you feel better."

"And I have your medicine," Sean said as he held up the bottle of pills, "for when you are ready for it."

She walked over to Silas and sat down in his lap sideways. He laid the blanket over her lap then watched as North lifted her feet and sat them in his lap before taking the bowl from Marc. "Here we go, Baby."

Once she couldn't eat anymore, Sean gave her the medicine and Corey handed her the remote so she could find something to watch. North stood and Silas scooted over so he could turn her the other way and she could see the TV. North sat back down and put her feet on his lap before covering her back up. Owen walked back into the room and watched as she leaned into Silas' hold a little more while holding the Mickey stuffed animal on her lap and North carefully put his hands on her legs. A quick glance around the room told him that no one seemed to have a problem watching what she had put on the TV. This is what he wanted in life, his girl with his family just spending time together. This was perfect.