Chapter 40

Mia caught Kota's eye as she finished eating and smiled, "thank you, Kota."

He beamed, "you are very welcome, Mia."

"Are you feeling better Darling?" Owen asked as she curled up in his lap and rested her head against his chest. She nodded and he kissed the top of her head as he ran his fingers through her hair. "You smell like Raven and Corey and me, I like it." She smiled up at him and relaxed even more into him. "Why don't you play one of your games for a little bit?"

"Play with me, Daddy?" she asked as he pulled out a drawer in his desk and handed her the purple case that held all her games so she could pick out one to play.

His watch beeped and he sighed in annoyance, "Sorry Darling, I have to go back to work," she pouted, and he kissed her nose, "but I know someone that will be more than glad to play with you." She looked up at him in confusion, "Corey loves to play video games so I bet it will make him very happy to play with you. I wouldn't be surprised if he even has some of the same games as you."

"I doubt it," she murmured softly. "You know what kind of games I like to play Daddy."

"Doc plays video games?" Corey asked looking up from his laptop.

"Yes," Owen nodded. "I recently got her a switch and some video games to help her relax after having a hard day. Don't you have a switch also?"

"Yeah, I do," Corey's eyes lit up. "Do you have Animal Crossing New Horizons, Sweetie?"

"You play that?" she asked, shocked, sitting up a little.

Corey chuckled, "Yeah, I love it, why?" She shrugged and looked down at her book holding her games. He chuckled again, "You thought I would only play games like racing or call of duty or games like that?"

"Maybe," she murmured.

He got up from beside Raven and crouched down in front of her. "I play those games, yeah, but I play a ton of different kinds of games. Can I see your games, and would you like to come see all my games and play with me while Daddy goes back to work?"

"Just remember to take a break every once in a while, to rest your eyes, you two," Owen said sternly as he took her games and handed them to Corey.

"Yes Daddy," Mia nodded.

"Yes Daddy," Corey said teasingly.

Owen glared at him, and Corey smirked, "You know better than to call me that, Mr. Henshaw. Do I need to remind you of my proper title for you?"

"No Sir," Corey mumbled.

"Behave you two," Owen scolded as he tapped Mia's thigh. "I really must go now, Darling. The sooner I leave, the sooner I can come back to you and our family."

"Don't work too hard," she spoke gently as she stood up and hugged him once he stood.

"I won't," he promised. "I should be back in time for dinner." She nodded and he kissed her softly. Once he pulled away, he turned to Corey, gripped his throat and kissed him biting down on his lip. "Behave," he growled once he pulled away.

"Yes Sir," Corey mumbled making Raven chuckle.

"Have fun Darling," Owen said kissing her softly one more time before leaving the house.

"So, Sweetie, want to come over to my island on Animal Crossing or want me to come to yours?" Corey asked as Raven handed him his switch after powering it on.

"You can travel?" Mia asked, confused.

"Did Owen set you up with the Nintendo online subscription?" Corey asked, "so you can play online?"

"I don't know," she admitted shrugging. "I'm still learning everything."

"Can I look?" Corey asked and she handed her switch over to him.

"Hook up to TV?" Raven asked and Corey nodded.

"Hey what are we doing?" Luke asked as he came into the house.

"Sweetie has Animal Crossing so I'm seeing if she's set up with online so we can visit each other," Corey said as he went through her settings.

"Sweet," Luke beamed, "I'm going to grab mine. Cupcake, you must be my friend also!"

"You play also?" she asked, shocked.

"We all play AC so we can visit and help one another, Babe," Brandon nodded as he came into the house. "Who do you have as villagers?"

"I'm still new," she admitted blushing, "I don't have a lot."

"Great," Luke beamed as he jumped over the back of the couch then sat beside her feet, "I can bring you so many presents! But just so you know once Gabe visits, he's going to decorate all your rooms."

"I only have one room," she said softly.

"We'll help you level up your house when you're ready, Sweetie," Corey smiled as he typed in some info. "Then when you are ready, we will get you Happy Home Paradise and you can start decorating other characters houses as well."

"How are you doing on Disney Dreamlight Valley, Luke?" North asked as he came into the living room. "Hi Baby," he kissed the top of her head.

"What's that?" Mia asked confused and Luke looked at her shocked. "What?"

"Nothing Sweetie," Corey shook his head, "we just thought Owen would have got you the Disney game since you love Mickey and Minnie so much."

"Daddy doesn't get me games unless I tell him about it," she shook her head. "I honestly didn't even think he would get me a switch; it was just something I mentioned one night when we were talking. He had asked me what my favorite toys were to play with as a child, and I told him I only had a couple of stuffed bears and my books. I always wanted to play Spyro but my parents thought it was ridiculous, so I never got to play. He asked me if I could play now what would I want to play and the only thing I knew of was the switch because I'd seen some commercials about it on some TVs in patients' rooms. I had heard a couple of kids talking about Animal Crossing and it sounded interesting. He surprised me with them and Spyro as a present the first time he was able to get me to slip."

"So, you've never played the Playstation, or Xbox or even games on the computer?" Corey asked in disbelief. "Or DS or Gameboy or anything?"

"No," she shook her head. "My...my..." she cleared her throat, "My parents were very neglectful in many ways. I got the necessities but that was about it."

"Oh Cupcake, we have so much to show you!" Luke beamed. "Come look! Come on, come on," he grabbed her hands and started pulling her down the hallway.

"But...but...Corey," she tried to protest.

"I'm coming Sweetie," Corey smirked, "I can still work on your switch, I promise. Follow Luke, you'll like what he's going to show you, I promise."