Chapter 5

Owen opened the door and Kota held up her purse, "thanks."

"Dr. Gillyard," Mia said as she answered her phone. She froze then turned to look at Owen, "I'm not home but I'll be there as soon as I can. Yes, okay. Understood." She hung up her phone and closed her eyes while taking a deep breath.

"Get Gabriel and see if Sean has extra scrubs in his closet," Owen said as he moved to stand in front of Mia. "See if Luke has any spare tennis shoes he doesn't care for as well. They will be slightly big, but they will work for tonight."

"Got it," Kota said leaving the room.

"I'm sorry, Owen," She sighed as she opened her eyes, "There's been an emergency."

"No need to explain," he said softly. "You're a doctor, it's to be expected."

There was a knock on the door, "Hey, I got these, still have the tag on them from when Gabe tried a new brand and the sizing was different," Sean said through the door. "He hadn't had a chance to return them yet if she wants to try them on. They are too small for me."

"Thanks," Owen said as he barely opened the door and Sean stuck a few new scrubs through the opening. Owen took them and Sean asked, "Want me to take her? I can see if they need extra help."

"That would be great," Owen nodded.

"Owen?" Mia asked shocked.

"Let Dr. Green take you, Darling," he said softly as she pulled the scrubs on, smiling when they fit almost perfectly. "That will give me reassurance that you will be okay because he knows all the hospitals and staff and if he can help, he will be able to keep an eye on you as well to make sure you don't push yourself too much."

"Yes Sir," she nodded as she removed her makeup.

"Plus, it will give me time to make sure our ex-wife learns her lesson for causing us such distress," he said as he watched her finish getting ready.

"Uh oh," she giggled as she pulled her hair up into a bun. "Someone's in trouble."

"Very much so," He nodded as he adjusted his tie after finishing buttoning up his shirt. "I must remind her what happens when she upsets our family."

"My collar?" she asked nervously.

"It can be removed if need be," Sean said as he came into the room, "it's a simple clasp." Realization over what he just said crossed his face, "I apologize, Mia, I'm used to—"

"Did she have a collar?" Mia asked.

"No," they said at the same time shocking Mia with their answer.

"She would never submit to us," Owen sighed in frustration. "She refused to." He hugged her and kissed the top of her head, "Enough talk about her. Now if you have a break and have any questions you can ask Dr. Green, he will always be honest with you. It'll be okay and I will see you when you get off. Dr. Green will bring you back here and we will stay the night here."

"Yes Sir," She sighed into his shirt.

"Come along, Mia," Sean said softly. "Let's go save some lives."

"You really punched the security guard, North?" Mia heard Luke ask as she came down the stairs between Owen and Sean.

"Yeah," North admitted, "He admitted to being paid by the bitch to give her information on us."

"You do realize that you probably scared Mia, right?" Victor asked.

"Fuck," North sighed, "you think? I didn't mean to. Just pissed me off that the bitch upset her."

"Don't worry about it, Little Brother," Luke smirked. "If she has won Owen's heart and she's a doctor then she can handle your temper."

"Everyone say good night, we are off to save some lives," Sean called out as he grabbed his car keys. "It will probably be late when we return."

"Will you be returning here?" Axel asked.

"Yes, I will bring her back here when she is done," Sean nodded.

"Message me and I'll have fucking showers or baths ready when you get home," Gabe mumbled. "I'll speak to Owen about keeping things for you fucking stocked for when you visit."

"Thank you Sir," she said as her phone rang. "Excuse me," she turned away, "Dr. Gillyard speaking. Yes, I'm on my way, really? Yes, I understand, okay, good bye."

"Come along, Dr." Sean said taking her hand leading her out the door, "we got lives to save."

"Really Doc? It's two in the morning!" North growled as he opened the passenger door hours later when Sean pulled up to the mansion and turned off the car. "You couldn't have come home sooner than this? The both of you need more sleep than what you will get."

"Shhhh you'll wake her," Sean whispered loudly."It's not our faults the hospital was busy tonight. We left as soon as we could, you know how crazy the ER can get at times, North."

"Enough," Owen demanded, "bring her inside and carry her to my room, I'll grab her clothes. She is a light sleeper so be quiet."

"Daddy," She mumbled as she started to wake.

"Shhh, Darling, go back to sleep," Owen said running his finger down the side of her face. She sighed and laid her head against North's chest.

North gently laid her on the bed then left the room so Owen could change her clothes. He got her quickly changed and into bed then laid beside her. Smiling when she rolled over and wrapped her arm around his stomach, he kissed the top of her head and felt fully complete for the first time in a long time and he knew it was because his Darling was in his home with his family. He just hoped that she would agree to be theirs eventually.