Chapter 45

Mia jerked in her sleep, letting out a soft whimper, catching Sean's attention. "Mia?" he whispered as he put his hand on her shoulder since she was sleeping on her side. "Shhh, it's just a nightmare, Pookie."

"No!" she gasped, jolting awake. "No."

"Mia," Sean whispered sliding his hand down to her back.

"No!" She screamed as she yanked away from him. Sean could tell that her fear was overruling her so she couldn't tell it was him.

"Darling," Owen said gently as he came out of the bathroom and rushed to her side. "Darling, look at us. It's not real, Mia." He cupped her face, "Look at me, Mia."

"Daddy," she gasped softly as her eyes locked with his gray ones. "I didn't...I..."

"I know Darling," he nodded, "I know. I'm here, Dr. Green is here, you're safe."

"Dr. Green?" She looked at him confused then her eyes widened as she remembered, "I...we..."

"Yes," Owen smiled softly as he knelt in front of her.

"I asked for—"

"Actually, you demanded, My Darling," Owen smirked.

"I did and I liked it," she whispered as her body started trembling. "Daddy."

"You're okay, Darling," Owen said leaning up to kiss her forehead. "You're just dropping." He stood and wrapped his arms around her, pressing her into his chest lightly while looking over at Sean.

"Dr. Sean?" she whispered nervously.

"I'm right here, Pookie," Sean said moving over to them. "I didn't want to—"

She removed one hand from Owen's back and held it out. "Peas?"

Owen watched as Sean's face lit up and he let slip a millimeter smile as she pulled Sean close to her, so she was now sandwiched between them. She hummed happily as she melted into Owen even more while tightening her grip on Sean's hold on her.

The door opened, making her tense up, and Sean shifted to cover the view of her from whoever was in the entrance. Owen blocked the view as well and asked, "Yes, Mr. Taylor?"

"Breakfast is ready. All of you need to eat now so you aren't late for work," North's voice filled the room despite his attempt to be quiet.

"We are having a family day, North," Sean said as he carefully grabbed Owen's shirt without moving too much and brought it closer to him. "We will be working from home."

"All of us," Owen said with such authority Mia tightened her grip on him. "Speak with Mr. Lee and Mr. Weiland to make sure that it happens."

"I am willing and will obey, yes Sir," North nodded as he shut the door and they heard him walking down the hall.

"Come on Darling, let's get you dressed," Owen said as he took his shirt from Sean. "Arms in."

"Yes Daddy," she whispered as Sean slipped the button up shirt on her then Owen started buttoning it up. "Thank you."

"Stay here and I'll get you some sweatpants," Owen said lightly, and he kissed her nose. "Stay in your favorite doctor's arms."

"Mmmkay," she replied while leaning back into Sean's hold. Sean kissed her head before moving them back to the head of the bed so he could cover them up.

She felt the chain of his necklace against her, so she leaned back slightly and cautiously reached up then paused. "You can look at it, Pookie," Sean smirked as he pulled it out for her to see it better. "I don't mind at all, promise."

"You are always wearing it," she whispered as she ran her thumb over the black rectangle with purple Asian letter characters carved into it. "Do you ever take it off? What does it say? Is it Japanese, Chinese, or Korean?" She froze and let go of it, "Sorry."

"Don't be," He shook his head, "How else are we supposed to strengthen our relationship if we don't ask questions to know one another better, hmmm?" He sighed softly and kissed her hair, "You can talk to all of us like you talk to Owen, Mia, I promise. I like you asking me questions, it lets me know you are interested in me. The others will feel the same way." He held it back out and she grabbed it without hesitation this time, "Good girl," he smiled, "now for your questions. I take it off when I take a shower and most times before bed but last night, I was too tired to remove it. It is Japanese and it was a gift from Owen from when we first admitted our love to one another and became together. We were together before we formed our family. It says My Heart."

"Oh," she whispered so softly he almost didn't hear it.

"Does Owen call you his heart as well?" Sean asked curiously when he heard a little touch of sadness in her voice.

"Kind of," she answered. She was silent for a few minutes then smiled, "but he says my girl, my heart, my soul to me. I like it though, he said it to you first, then you formed your family and now I'm just added to it. It's still special but the same at the same time. Does that make sense?"

"It does, Darling," Owen said as he came into the room. "Here you go."

"Did you give the others the same necklace?" She asked as he pulled the comforter back and started to pull the pants up her legs.

"Yes and no," Owen answered. "They all say My Heart but in different ways that represent them to me."

She smiled up at him, "I like that."

He smiled back at her, "Good, now let's go get some breakfast."

She held her arms up, "carry me?"

He beamed, "Of course, My Darling."