Chapter 47

"What are you thinking?" Axel asked Owen when he saw the thoughtful look on Owen's face.

"Huh?" Owen asked, snapping out of his thoughts. He blinked and that millimeter curl of his lip happened as he watched Mia peacefully nuzzle into Sean's chest as she napped in his hold. "It looks right," he admitted.

"Yeah, it does," Axel nodded as he watched Owen. "I'm very glad she is finally opening up to us."

"So, Doc," Raven smirked mischievously, "How perfect Kitten feel?"

"I didn't," Sean shook his head.

"What?" Raven asked confused.

"Mia was just with me," Owen clarified, "but she did kiss him, and she was the one to start this."

"Yep," Sean smiled proudly, "she is a feisty demanding little thing. I love it."

"So just kiss?" Raven asked and Sean nodded. "So, how perfect Doc?" Raven asked with interest.

"So perfect," Sean smiled happily as he kissed the top of her head.

"Knew it," Raven smiled as he smirked smugly. "She perfect kitten."

"Have you thought of the wedding yet?" Gabe asked as he sketched Mia lying on Sean's chest with such a serene look on her face. "Will it just be you or do you think she will want a binding to all of us?"

"Whoa, no cussing," Luke softly whistled, "he's serious right now."

"Binding," Mia said softly.

"Darling?" Owen asked, setting his pen down, stopping what he was working on.

"Hey, you're awake, Pookie," Sean said gently. "When did you wake up? Did you have a good nap?"

"Yes Daddy," she murmured as she watched Owen, who smiled proudly at her. Warmth coated her at his approval and proudness, and she smiled softly. He barely nodded and she melted into Sean even more, "I woke when Yevgeny said I am a perfect kitten."

"Darling, you don't have to decide right now," Owen said seriously.

Mia sat up and smiled fondly. She walked over to Owen and sat in his lap, letting out a soft content sigh when he automatically wrapped his arms around her waist, holding her securely to him. "I don't have to decide, Owen, I just know. I started thinking about it yesterday and earlier just confirmed it for me." She picked up Owen's hand and smiled at the leather bracelet that said Baba's Daddy on it. "I was looking at my ring and I made the connection of the fourteen diamonds that surround the heart. You were open from the beginning about you, and you made sure to connect with everyone when you could even without me knowing or realizing at the time. I know it wasn't easy at times, I made things very difficult and yet you still didn't leave or hurt me. That love and determination and acceptance scared me and still somewhat does but I know I'm safe with you, with all of you."

"Always," Owen nodded.

"I had been broken and destroyed in ways I didn't even know, and you accepted me. You were so different from what I knew it scared me and yet you are so patient. I thought I would be too much, and sometimes I still do, but you and the rest of them have found ways of reassuring me in small ways. None of you have pointed it out yet I've seen it. Like the way Kota has Pooh and Mickey stories on his bookcase in his room and how Gabe made sure there are Mickey and Minnie soft blankets in everyone's room and like how North made a Bunny snack section and a Doc Baby snack section. I love how Kota writes little notes when he makes my lunch and tells me the number of things, so I don't have to worry about counting them or my anxiety flares up. I noticed how there are scrubs and shoes for me in everyone's closets and just things like that. Theres something for grown up me and little me in everyone's room and that is just the best. What really cemented it though was how there was no pushing for more from Sean during our time together and then from the rest during breakfast. You've made me a better person and shown me what real love is. I can be myself and it's okay. You don't make me feel stupid when I don't know something or when I need constant reassurance about something." She cupped Owen's cheek and smiled, "I thought I would be alone forever, or I was just supposed to be with one person, I was happy to be your girl, but then you opened my mind to something even more special, your heart, your family. You gained my heart with your honesty and patience with me, Owen. You have proven to me that you will be there for me no matter what during the dark times and the good times and I'm no longer scared of my future, Owen, because I know it will be with you and the rest of your heart. I love you Owen Blackbourne and I love the rest of them too. I can't be married to just you anymore, I need to be bound to them as well. You were right, Owen, I'm theirs and I'm your girl, your heart, your life, yours truly."