Chapter 15

"Shhh, they are still sleeping."

Mia slowly woke up to someone whispering. Ugh, it was too early, she needed more sleep, she felt like shit. She tried to remain still and maybe they would go away so she could go back to sleep. She hadn't felt this comfortable in so long. Wait a minute, who was talking and who was holding her? Her mind began to race as she tried to think back to the last thing she remembered.

"They need to get up if they are going to go to work today," someone else whispered.

"They need to sleep," the first person whispered. "They are both exhausted."

"How about the both of you be quiet before you wake her up?" Owen said half asleep. Oh, it was Owen that was holding her, she internally sighed in relief. That meant it had to be his family that was talking. Wait, shouldn't she be at home? Was she back at his family's house? Was this just a dream? Yeah, this has to be another dream. She was dreaming, that was it.

"Sorry Owen," the first person said, "It's 5:30 and you have to be at work at 7."

"Okay, I'll get her up," Owen said while pushing some hair out of her face.

"What will she want for breakfast?"

"Sunny side up eggs and sausage not bacon," Owen said as he left the room. He came back a couple of minutes later, "Time to wake up, Darling."

"Daddy," she mumbled as she rubbed her face into the pillow to try and go back into a deep sleep.

"It's time to wake up, Darling," he smiled softly as he rubbed her back. "It's 5:30."

"Crap," she groaned as she sat up and looked around confused, "I'm not home." So she wasn't dreaming, crap, then that meant this was real.

"No, you aren't," he confirmed. "You cried yourself to sleep and I wasn't going to go through your purse, so I locked your car and brought you home."

"Oh," she yawned as she rubbed her eyes. They were itchy and swollen, her throat hurt also. She didn't feel good, great it was going to be another long day. "Time?"

Owen pulled her hands away from her eyes. He grabbed something then tilted her head back. He dropped some eye drops in her eyes then gently wiped away what leaked out. She felt a little better but was still confused on what was going on. "5:45."

"Shit," she cursed as she got out of the bed, "I'm going to be late; I have to go." She froze, "how am I going to get home and to work if my car is at work?"

"Calm down," Owen said holding her. "I will take you home after you eat some breakfast so you can get dressed and then I will take you to work."

"I can't," she shook her head, "I will be late, Owen, I can't be late. Where is my phone?"

"Right here," he said taking it off the charger on the nightstand.

"Shit!" She gasped as she opened the messages, "I'm so fucking late!"

"Language," Owen frowned.

"Oh, don't start with me, Blackbourne," She called as she scrolled through her contacts while leaving the room and heading down the hallway, "There was a mandatory meeting that I'm currently missing and now I will completely miss because I'm over thirty minutes away from work and –" She froze for a second then cleared her throat, "Yes this is Dr. Gillyard, I am so sorry I'm not there, my car was acting up so I got a ride from a friend and their charger did not charge my phone. I'm getting a ride to my place now and I will be there as soon as I can. Yes Sir, I understand." She took a breath and pinched her nose. She typed away then turned around and jumped back, not expecting to see Owen that close to her. "Blackbourne." She sighed, "I don't have time for this, I'm going to be in trouble for missing this meeting. Excuse me." She raced back to his room, slid her shoes on and came back out while throwing her hair up into a quickly messy bun. "My car keys?"

"Here," he said taking them from North. "You need to eat."

"Later," She said looking at her phone since it beeped, "My ride is here." She shook her head while looking at the time, "Fuck I need a Monster or Redline," She mumbled while typing something.

"I could have taken you," he frowned.

She scoffed, "Yeah after you forced me to eat and make me later than I already am. I'll eat later, thanks for last night I guess." She pointed her finger at him, "Make sure you take breaks away from the computer screen to reduce your headaches, Doctor's orders."

"Excuse me?" He asked looking at her, but shejust opened the door and rushed out to the waiting Uber.