Chapter 28

Sean's POV

Damn Owen is so lucky. I hope one day she will be that open with us. It's hard keeping my hands to myself when she is just so adorable. It frustrates the hell out of me, what trauma we have seen and heard her go through, I know Raven is beyond furious he can't do anything about it but at least we will be able to help her heal from it. God, that kiss between her and Owen before she left for work. I want a kiss like that, and man the way she blushed when she saw we noticed. I think I even saw Owen smirk at it. This tiny woman has made him open up more with his emotions and it's been shocking to see but so amazing to witness. Raven has even calmed down some for her sake. God, can you imagine all the wonders this girl could make happen around us if she were to become ours? Man, I really hope she becomes all of ours someday.

"Dr. Green, they need your help down in ER," a nurse said knocking on his office door.

"They booked?" Sean asked grabbing his white jacket and slide it on.

"Yes, but also Nurse Joyce and Dr. Hubbard left with food poisoning apparently all of a sudden," the nurse said as she followed him out into the hall.

"What?" Sean asked confused.

"They were sharing a lunch and all of a sudden they both rushed over to the sink and started throwing up," the nurse explained. "Dr. Roberts sent them home immediately and asked me to get you to help."

"Very well," Sean said forcing back a smile. "And Dr. Roberts?"

"He said he had to call in some help after making a very important phone call," The nurse said taking a clipboard from another nurse. "Excuse me, Doctor."

"You can tell me you are her husband all you want Sir, but you are not on any of her records therefore I can not allow you access to her room," Sean turned immediately at hearing Mia's voice. She sounded so stern and determined it threw him for a loop for a second. "Bring me the actual wedding certificate not just one printed off and I can change her files, until then you must wait in the waiting room or leave immediately. I need to treat this patient."

"Let me in there immediately!" A deep voice threatened. "I am her husband; I have final say when it comes to MY wife!"

"Get one thing straight right now SIR," Mia's voice came back as Sean hurried over to the room with a security guard following. "The moment your so-called wife was admitted, she became MY patient under MY care, so I am the one with the final say for her care, not you! Now if you were to bring me proof of marriage then I will be more than glad to allow you authorization to her care but until then, with no people listed for permission I get to make the decisions on what is best for my patient and right now that means you are to leave this room immediately or I will have you forcibly removed."

"I'd like to see you try," the man said taking a step closer to her so now he was towering over her.

"SECURITY!" Mia yelled.

"Doctor," the officer said rushing into the room while Sean remained outside listening and waiting to see if she needed any assistance.

"Remove this man from the property at once," Mia declared as she slipped on some gloves, "I worry for my patient's safety. These bruises are typical of spousal abuse so until I find evidence otherwise, I want him removed immediately."

Sean's POV

Holy shit, Mia is hot when she is in charge. I'm definitely going to have to tell the guys about this, well as much as I can tell but yeah, they are going to be so proud of her! I love this feistiness!

"You BITCH! You will pay for this! You hear me!" he shouted as the officer handcuffed him even though he was still trying to lunge for her. Just as Mia stepped to the side so the officer could pass the man slammed his head back making the officer release him and he lunged at Mia, slamming her into the glass wall. He slammed his head into her again then dropped.

"Dr. Gillyard," Sean's voice floated around her as her vision blurred.

"Dr. Green?" she slurred. "How?"

"I tranquilized him," Sean said as he wiped some blood off her face. "The police are on their way, why don't I escort you to your office to help get you fixed up?"

"Good," She mumbled. "No, patient."

"Dr. Roberts is taking care of the patient," Sean said as he wrapped his arm around her waist to help her leave the room. "Come on," he whispered as they walked, "I'll call Daddy and the others once we get to your office. They, and I, are so proud of you, Mia."

She whimpered, "Thank you."