Chapter 26

Mia slowly woke up and realized she was surrounded by the smell of spice and books, not Irish Spring like she was expecting. "Oh no," she whispered as she tensed up.

"Mia?" a gentle voice asked filled with concern.

"No, no, no," she whimpered as she started pushing against the chest that she was laying against.

"What's going on?" Another male voice asked.

"She's starting to panic," the gentle voice tried to explain. "It's okay Mia, Owen should be here any minute, it's okay."

"No, no, no," she whimpered scared as her eyes blurred.

"Calm down, Darling," Owen's voice came from behind her. "It's okay, I'm here. Did you wake up confused? I'm here."

"Owen," she whimpered.

"Shhh, I'm here," he said picking her up out of Kota's lap. "Why aren't you in my bed, Darling?"

"She didn't want to be alone," Silas tried to explain.

"Ohhhh," Owen said getting it, "did you forget you fell asleep with the guys and started to panic?"

"Think so," she mumbled into his neck. "Sorry."

"Mr. Lee understands, he's not upset, I promise," Owen said sitting at his desk. "He was more worried about you being scared."

"Kay," She sighed worriedly.

"I know that tone," he said gently, "look at me, Mia." She sat up and he cupped her jaw. "I am okay with you being with my family. I am not upset at all, if you want to be with them one day, I'm okay with it. I told you I hope for that one day but it's up to you. They know that and are okay with whatever you decide. I like seeing you bonding with them and they are daddy doms as well so if you need to slip around them, it is okay, they are okay caring for you if they need to, I promise, everything is okay."

"Daddy," she whispered gratefully as she nuzzled his palm.

"Do you want to go cuddle with Mr. Lee for a bit longer while I go take a shower?" he asked gently. "I bet he will have no problem continuing reading Pooh to you."

"Okay," she whispered her eyes lighting up making him give her a that millimeter smile.

"When I get back in here, I want you to tell me what happened to cause Dr. Green to rush to the hospital okay?"

"Can Mr. Toma please?" she asked as he stood.

"He's at work, Angelos Mou," Silas said.

"Besides you need to tell me how you got sent back to the hospital in the first place." She nodded then blushed when her stomach growled.

"Hungry?" Owen asked. "Did you eat what I sent you?"

"No, someone stole my food, Daddy!" she pouted as she pulled back to look at him.

"What?" Sean asked as he came into the room.

"Care to repeat that, Darling?" Owen asked as he stopped in front of Kota. "Explain now."

"I put my name on the bag and put it in the fridge and when I had a break I went to eat and the bag was empty! They left the bag and took all my food!"

"So, what did you eat?" North asked standing.

"Two granola bars," She admitted. "One at 11:17pm and the other at 4:32am. But I had 3 water bottles."

"Good girl for drinking your water but you really should have told me sooner so I could have had someone bring you something," Owen sighed as he sat her in Kota's lap. "You need more food than that to keep you healthy."

"I didn't want to bother anyone," she whispered, "it was late and besides I wouldn't have had time, we were super busy."

"I'll have it investigated, Owen," Sean said, "promise."

"No," she shook her head and stood, "I don't want special treatment. Besides I have an office now with a fridge, I will keep my food there and keep it locked. I've already pissed off one doctor since I've been back, I don't need more trouble. I can handle this."

"What happened?" Owen asked.

"I'll explain," Sean spoke up, "why don't you go get something to eat? Please."

"Fine," Owen sighed, "Go let Mr. Taylor Jr. fix you something to eat, Darling."

"Yes Daddy," she kissed his cheek then followed North into the kitchen. She leaned against the island and watched as North moved around the kitchen. "Are you mad?"

"No, Baby," North shook his head as he worked, "you are still learning how we are so you didn't know that it would not have bothered us one bit to bring you something. I'm mad someone would steal your food, but I understand why you didn't tell Blackbourne. I'm glad you told us what happened, and I appreciate you letting me care for you. I love cooking like Marc so I'm very happy to do this. I'd make every meal if you let me. I mean it Mia, it doesn't bother me, any time at all. I'm used to making Doc food at random hours when he would work long hours. I like doing it."

"What are you making?" she asked curiously.

"Club sandwich with no tomatoes," he said, "I remember Blackbourne telling Marc how you liked your burger so I figured you wouldn't want tomatoes. I have avocados if you want some."

"And cucumbers?" she asked.

"Yes," he nodded, "would you like some?"

"Please," she nodded. "Thank you."

"Go wash up, it's almost ready."

"Yes Sir," she said pushing off the island. She stopped at the door. "North?"

"Yes Baby?" he asked as he sliced the avocado.

"I'll let you know if I get hungry at work in the future."