Chapter 36

"Daddy," Mia said softly after Sean left. "My head and stomach hurt."

"After Mr. Taylor makes you something to eat, you will go lay down," Owen said rubbing her back. "You need food in your body first, though."

North nodded then headed back into the kitchen.

North's POV

Thank fucking God she is letting me make sure something to eat. She is too damn skinny but that's fine, I'll make sure she gets the curves we love. Doc better not take too fucking long either, he needs to eat too. Hopefully he gets to the bottom of this crap. It sounds like it has happened before and that frustrates the hell out of me. I know it does for the rest of us too. I'm glad she is starting to let us take care of her too, it shows that she is trusting us and that means the world to us.

"Hey, you aren't putting the sandwich together?"

North broke out of his thoughts as Kota came into the kitchen.

"No," North shook his head as he put two slices of cheese on one slice of bread then grabbed two small pickles and placed them on the plate.

"You saw her counting also?" Kota asked as he leaned against the counter and watched North. "She only eats in even numbers. When it ends in odd, she doesn't eat the last one to make it stay even."

"Yeah I noticed," he nodded. "Wonder what that is about. Doesn't matter though, it's her thing and I'll support her in it."

"We all will."

"I'm just going to let Mr. Taylor know then I will be right back to kiss you goodbye," Owen said as he walked into the kitchen. "Mr. Taylor, Mr. Lee, I need to leave and go assist Dr. Green and Dr. Roberts with some things. Mr. Taylor, I told Darling that she can eat at my desk."

"Got it, Mr. B," North nodded as he double checked the number of grapes on her plate.

Owen watched him then glanced at the plate. "You noticed."

"Yes Sir," North nodded. "Don't get it but whatever," he shrugged.

Owen let a small smirk slip, "They can't be lonely," he explained. "Aunt Lilly explained it as the way her brain works is that she has suffered so much loneliness that now everything has to have a pair, doesn't matter if its food, pens, jewelry, clothing, anything, everything is in an even number. It's part of the reason she barely ever eats out because she can't trust others will understand and support her. She can't help it and a lot of times it actually overwhelms her."

"You got a counting buddy now, Kota," North smirked.

"Fine by me," Kota grinned.

"Anyway Gentlemen," Owen cleared his throat and straightened his tie, "after she eats, she needs to go lay down to see if it will help with reducing her pain. Dr. Green said she can have some medicine in an hour and half if she is still hurting then. Hopefully we will be back by then but in case, we aren't, you know when her next dose is."

"Got it," North nodded. "Doc okay?"

"Apparently, Dr. Roberts and he are undergoing a very thorough investigation and need some legal advice from me," Owen said slipping on his jacket, "that is all I can say at the moment."

"Oh shit," North grinned. "Alright, well, see you when you get back. We'll keep an eye on Doc."

Owen nodded then left. North picked up the plate and bottle of water then carried it into the living rom. He sat the plate down at the desk, making her look at it then up at him in shock. "Thank you," she whispered as some tears welled up in her eyes. "Did—"

"No, Baby," North shook his head, "I noticed, he just explained when he saw me double checking. Now would you like me to put it together and cut it into four for you?"

"Please," she beamed as she wiped the tears. "Thank you."

"You know Kota LOVES to count so anytime you need help, he will love to help," North said as he handed the knife to Marc who was heading into the kitchen.

"Definitely," Kota nodded as he sat a Mickey napkin then a Minnie napkin down on the desk.

"Yay," she smiled as they walked off so she could eat.

Once she was done Marc took her plate and she headed up to Owen's room. After changing into one of his shirts, she curled up in his bed, hugged his pillow, and drifted off to sleep. She woke a couple of hours later and headed into the living room rubbing her eyes. "Daddy?" she mumbled.

"Mr. B isn't here, Mia," Silas shook his head. "Is there something we can help you with?"

"Um," She bit her lip and started playing with the bottom of his shirt. "Um..."

"You can tell us, Doc," Victor nodded. "We'll help you anyway we can."

"I need something to chew on," she mumbled. "But not food, just something to bite. I need to bite."

"I got you, Peanut," Nathan smiled. "I do that do too, a lot."

"You do?" she asked shocked.

"Yep," he smirked, "I'll be right back." He got off the couch and headed down the hall. A couple of minutes later he came back and held out a box. She sat at Owen's desk and opened it. "There's different kinds of necklaces and bracelets with different textures. Choose whatever you want. Gabe gets me new ones all the time so keep whatever you like."

"And if you want more, I'll get you fucking more, Trouble," Gabe nodded. "It's no fucking problem."

A couple of tears slipped down, "thank you," she whispered as she picked up an adult chewy Oreo cookie necklace and a square textured chew necklace then slipped on two stretchy bracelets.

"You can leave the box there in case you want to change them out, Peanut," Nathan said when she started chewing on the Oreo cookie while pulling out some coloring sheets and pencils that she knew Owen kept in a certain drawer for her.

She smiled up at him and nodded then went back to coloring. Nathan chuckled when he saw Gabe picked up his phone.