72. Two Detective's

Y/n POV

Rarity: Oh, Y/n dear, Sassy Saddles, don't you just love my new Femme Mystique Chic line of gowns?

Sassy Saddles:*gasp*Sequins and sashes, Rarity, they're exquisite! Where in Equestria did you find the inspiration?

Rarity: That makes me so happy and I modelled them after the adventures of Shadow Spade. Her stories are always full of mystery and suspense and, best of all... fabulous costumes!

Y/n: Yeah I've really gotten into it ever since you recommended it to me.

Sassy Saddles: They're perfect! What are you doing?

Rarity: Oh, uh, just making some minor adjustments. Shadow Spade believes it all comes down to attention to detail. And so do I. There! Now it's perfect.

Then the door burst open revealing Rainbow Dash making the mannequins almost falls to the ground but I catch them and straighten them up.

Rainbow Dash: Hey guys, how's it- Ehehe My bad. Sorry I messed up your dress thingy.

Sassy Saddles: Y/n caught them so don't worry. What are you doing in Canterlot?

Rainbow Dash: I'm here for Princess Celestia's royal garden opening tomorrow.

Sassy Saddles: Oh, yes! Rumor has it the gardens are especially lush this season. I heard that the Wonderbolts will be kicking things off with an aerial display.

Rarity: You heard right. And Rainbow Dash is here to fly with them. So exciting!

Rainbow Dash: Well, kind of exciting. Technically, I'm not flying. I'm just the lucky Reserve who was called in to be the backup flyer in case a Wonderbolt can't perform.

Rarity: Oh, don't be so modest. Out of all the Reserves, you were the one chosen.

Y/n: Yep, you are pretty awesome.

Rainbow Dash: It is pretty sweet. And I do get to stay in the castle, hang out with the Wonderbolts, and eat awesome food at the dinner tonight. Speaking of the dinner, you two are still coming, right?

Rarity: Heavens, yes! A chance to dress up, be charming and show off my newest femme mystique couture? I wouldn't miss it for all of Equestria.

Y/n: Of course, wouldn't miss it for the world.

Rainbow Dash: Great! See ya tonight!

She slams the door shut and I stop the mannequins from falling.

Rarity: Ooh, the rhinestones I ordered! Oh, my. Oh, there's been a mistake... I ordered dragon-cut stones, and these are hand-polished.

Package Deal: I'm sorry, but I've got a full load of deliveries today. I'm not sure I have time to redo your order.

Y/n: Rarity, do the thing!

She begins to sweet-talk the postman into getting what she wants.

Rarity: Of course you don't. Your job is so difficult. Honestly, I don't know how you keep all of those orders straight.

Package Deal: Ehehehe It is pretty tough, what with the boxes all being... box-shaped.

Rarity: Oh, y-oh yes, and I very much appreciate it. But if there was any way you could squeeze in one more little delivery, I would be eternally grateful.

Package Deal: Well, for you, Rarity, I'll see what I can do.

Sassy Saddles: Rarity, you could sweet-talk a baby out of candy!

Rarity: Oh, it was nothing. No one minds a compliment. Now, you simply must help me pick out an outfit for tonight. Something from the new collection, of course.