2 Actresses

*THURSDAY*

The day felt like a blur.  We all moved in silence putting our plan in motion. Kendra and I wore our same clothes we wore at the bank robbery. Putting on my red dress & one heel gave me flashbacks. I look over at Kendra's outfit she wore. Black leggings. White flowy blouse. Beige heels. But this time our clothes didn't look new anymore, they looked worn out.

We all get inside the SUV and none of us spoke. We drive for 1 hour and the car begins to slow down. I quickly get out trying not to look at none of them in the eyes. It hurt too much. Deleon and Kendra kiss & he whispers something so passionate to her looking her in her eyes. He kisses her on her forehead & I look away. I almost envisioned that being me and East. I begin to walk away and Kendra walks next to me. The SUV drives off.

Kendra: I think it was killin East to not say goodbye to you.

Jace: girl I am walking down this raggedy ass road in one heel, I don't wanna hear about no damn East.

The plan was for one of them to send an anonymous call that 2 women were walking on the side of the road lookin disheveled. And let the plan activate from there.

Kendra: I'm sorry for what I said, East-

Jace: It's okay I understand why you did it.

We smile at each other.

Kendra: bitch you better put on your best oscar performance.

Jace: you MUST be talking to yourself. Cause I'm ready to go home.

*15 minutes later*

We begin to hear tires behind us & Kendra & I immediately snap into character. We frantically turn around & turn toward the police car hitting the hood & pressing our wet faces on the windows crying for help. Two white cops get out the car and quickly call for ambulance and back up. They instantly bombarded us with questions but they also seem very concerned. They asked who were we, what were our names, where did we come from, did we know where we are, did he have any broken bones. It was exactly how we practiced with East. Kendra dropped to the ground in tears thanking the police officer and praying to God.

We are going to hell.

I hold onto the cop begging him to help us and not leave us. We must have ran into the right white cops because they were sympathetic as hell. The ambulances pull up not even 2 minutes later. The medics pull us to the back of the ambulances with sirens blazing and pull off. They probed our faces our bodies. Check our temperature examine our bruises, flashed lights in our faces and even drew blood. We get to the hospital not even a hour later and we were stripped naked and separated.

*4 hours later*

I woke up to Kendra sleeping in a chair next to my bed. I look up at the tv and I'm sure my eyes are playing tricks on me.

Jace: Kendra! Ken!

Kendra hazily wakes up.

Kendra: huh? Hm? What happened.

Jace: bitch....we're on the news.

Kendra's face cranes up to the tv and we stare we the TV in shock. There it was plain sight. The video surveillance of of the whole robbery. At bottom of the screen saying " Two missing women found alive!" They didn't disclose our names thank god. I wouldn't feel comfortable being known on a global scale. Kendra and I looked at each other so surreally. We can't believe it..it worked.

Detectives came into our separate rooms and questioned us separately. You couldn't tell me I wasn't the new Angela Basset. I answered all the questions the way East taught me. He covered all bases cause they asked the exact questions he said they would. Kendra was right since the money was insured & it had been a month of us missing with no evidence to go off from we were basically all in the clear. The detective assured me to not worry because bank robbers always test the luck and attempt again. But I knew East wasn't doing this again.