Purple Wig Culprit

* 5 Days Later*

I wanted to get some things from my storage & Kobe came to help me out.

Kobe: You plan on moving out of Kendra's place or something?

Jace: Nah I packed everything so fast I always gotta keep coming back for lil shit.

I say rummaging through boxes.

Kobe: So why did you move out of your old place?

Jace: mmm..I was too far away from my people, like what if something was to happen to ma black ass?

I laugh.

Kobe: You got me to protect you.

I laugh.

Thinking of any man that could protect me other than East was a JOKE to me.

Kobe laughs.

Kobe: One day you gon need me Gurl....what was this for ?

I turn around to see Kobe holding up my purple bob wig. I smile.

Jace: This was from a birthday party, Kendra got it for me.

I take it out of his hands and put it on.

Jace: How do I look?

I say laughing knowing I look ridiculous. The smile from my face slowly disappears when I see Kobe look at me with this blank expression.
____________________________________
*KOBE P.O.V.*

~~FLASHBACK~~

*BUMP*

Jace: I'm sorry.

I bump into a fine ass chocolate woman same skin tone as me, She adjust the sunglasses on her face.

Kobe : no excuse me beautiful.

I say with my hand on her lower back to keep her balance, she almost fell bumping into me.

Kobe: you alright?

I look at her wondering why she had this purple wig on in the strip club.

She laughs realizing how ridiculous she looks.

Jace: I look a lot different outside my work clothes.

She says referencing that song by Alicia Keys.

Kobe: did you come with anybody? You wanna chill in our section ?

Jace: uuuhhh

She looks over at my section then back to turns & turns to me with a smile.

Kobe: or I could get you a drink?

Jace: yes please (flirty eyes)

We walk over to the bar and I order her a tequila sunrise. She had beautiful skin, pearly white teeth. It was hard to not pay attention to her.

Kobe: I can't hold you up all night but I would like to have your number.

Jace: funny story about that-

Kendra: hey girl!

Her friend stands in between us and looks at her with an anxious & nervous smile.

Kendra: can I steal my friend real quick!?

Without hearing an answer from me her friend snatches her away.

Her friend looks like she was grilling her ass for a minute. She turns back to me.

Jace: so as you were saying.