White Driver

*JACE P.O.V*

Kendra looked at me as if she saw a ghost.

Jace: I know that's a name you thought you'd never hear again.

Kendra goes straight to my fridge and pulls a bottle of tequila out the freezer. She sits on the couch.

Jace: you need a shot glass?

Kendra: hell nah.

She takes a big gulp out the bottle.

I look at Kendra and I could tell she was shook.

Years ago when me and Kendra were in the 11th grade. She met Chris and Chris had a best friend named August. They were originally from Louisiana. We didn't know it back then but they were what you call today "Scammers".  I would spend the night at Kendra's house or sneak out to her house at night. They were in their 20's and they thought we were too. Kendra would dress me in her clothes, mini dresses, 6 inch heels, make up on 10, she would flat iron my hair. Even put press on nails on me cause my parents wouldn't let me get salon nails. Kendra was that GWORL in high school she didn't need as much work as I did. Her nails stayed done & she always had 30 inches flowing down her back so it wasn't hard for Chris & August to believe we were older. At the time we just wanted to have fun & get out the house. We lied pretending we worked at the same call center from 7am - 3pm Mon- Fri off on the weekend. They had our fast asses decked out in the finest jewelry, clothes, and places. I didn't know what a Louis Vuitton was until August gifted it to me. I didn't know it was different types of caviar until August made me try them all. When August gifted me the Tiffany's heart tag necklace I had bitches wanting to slit my throat. Dior sales associates knew Kendra by name. It was her favorite designer and Chris kept her in it from head to toe. I was in love and August was FOINE it didn't take me long before my virginity had Augusts name on it. But around this time Deleon had just transferred to our school & Kendra fell in love with him. She liked Chris for his lifestyle but she loved Deleon.

It wasn't long before we got serious and shit got complicated. August wanted me to move in with him, and quit my "job". School got complicated. Kendra and I decided to alternate weeks at school. She would take notes and take the tests and do the homework and give it to me so I could stay caught up on my work then the next week it would be my turn to go to school. We thought we had it down till the school called my parents wondering why I was missing so many days. I lied and said I was ditching at the park and I was grounded for 2 weeks. And in those 2 weeks it all went to shit! August & Chris found out we were in high school & shit hit the fan. They wanted nothing to do with us and that was the first time I experienced real heart break. Even worse Kendra was pregnant & she didn't know who the father was. The week she wanted to tell Chris him & August got caught up and sentenced to 5 years in jail. Kendra tried to tell Chris but he wouldn't see her or take her calls. Kendra & I freaked out for days! We tried to calculate all the days she had sex with Deleon and all the days she had sex with Chris. We counted her ovulation dates & came to the conclusion that Deleon had to be the daddy. So Kendra spent half our senior year pregnant.

Kendra: damn...watchu gon do?

Jace: bitch me!?

Kendra: yyesss you! You were in love with August! I was only in it for the money.

After about 6 shots we were pretty faded listening to music lighting up Kendra's pre roll.

Kendra: bitch can you believe today.

We start busting up laughing.

Jace: bitch today was like a mmoovviieee.

Kendra: I had no idea they knew, I should've kicked Deleons ass! Speaking of kicked ass you beat the SHIT out of Jason.