Day One

*JACE P.O.V.*

We were in the back seat driving past the same trees for what felt like hours

We were in the back seat driving past the same trees for what felt like hours. I wondered were we going to a private airport and fly to the safe house?
Was there a safe house hours away in the boonies?

I was turned on my right side with my leg over East's leg. I ran my fingers across his chest resting my head on his shoulder. His breathing calmed me. There was a black truck behind us and one in front. I never saw the men who were driving us before. I was confused on why Mrs.B & I didn't leave together to this "safe house". I could barely say anything to East. I was scared about going somewhere without him. No communication till all this was over. I wanted to break down and cry but no amount of crying was going to change his mind.

The car slows down and I raise my head from his shoulder seeing another black truck facing towards us maybe 15 feet away. 6 men stood in front of it.

Jace: What the Fuck...

East: C'mon.

He gives me a sad sympathetic look & I looked confused.

East door opens & He slides out the door holding out his hand for me to grab it.

East: Let's go.

I hold onto his hand sliding out the car and we walk in front of our vehicle and East's men stood next to us. I see the truck in front of us door open. I see Don emerge from the truck and I hold onto East's arm tighter. What the fuck is goin on.

Don stands there and nods his head. East nods back. East slides his sunglasses onto his face. I look up at him beginning to panic.

Jace: Baby (whisper) what's goin-

I feel one of the bodyguards lightly hold onto my arm and I snatch my arm back.

Jace: Dontchu fuckin touch me. East!?

He kept a straight face looking forward. I feel my arm get pulled with more force this time and another man quickly grabs my other arm.

Jace: GET THE FUCK OFF ME!!

I shove my body back and fourth fighting my way out of their grasp. I was giving them the business, if they were going to snatch me up they were gonna have to work for it. I get one hand free and soc the man across the face. Not even fazed by my hit he grabs me again. My hair fell across my face while I flung around like a wild woman. I screamed for them to get they fuckin hands off me. I drop all my body weight thinking it will slow them down but 2 more henchmen came up picking me up off the ground. One held me in the air the others held onto my legs cause my fist weren't the only things swinging. I look at Don and look back at East and realize what the fuck is going on. East was sending me away to live with Don. How fuckin dare he!? How could he!?

I looked back at East trying to pry the man's hands from around my body.

Jace: BABY! BABY!!

I cry out but East kept a straight face. I was unable to see his eyes through the sunglasses. I let out a scream that sounded primal.

Jace: FUCK YOU!! FUCK YOU!! HOW FUCKIN COULD YOU- I HATE YOU!! DONT EVER- I FUCKIN HATE YOU!! FUCK YOU!

I feel a pinch in my arm & I scream. I look down at my arm and see a needle hanging out of it. The man with this needle had on gloves and a covid 19 mask and I couldn't even tell who he was. The needle left my arm and instantly my limbs felt like jelly. I couldn't even hold my head up it felt so heavy. I see the back door of the truck open & everything goes black.
____________________________________

My eyes blink open and I glance around the foreign bedroom. I felt the softest cover laying over me. I sit up in bed and look around.

I bring my knees to my chest & begin to cry

*KNOCK*KNOCK*

I jump from the knock. I stare at the door unable to open my mouth. The door creaks open & I see Don slither his ass in. This is the first time I've seen him awkward and almost lost for words. He sat at the edge of the bed looking at me. I quickly turn my head against my knees to hide my tears.

Don: Don't be mad at East. It was my idea. I took advantage of the situation and thought it would be good for us to finally connect.

Jace: You didn't have to do it like that!

Don: It's no way in hell you would've let East & I do this. I know yo ass was gon fight either way. If you give me a chance. I can make it up to you.

Silence.

Don: I gotta 24 hour chef if you're hungry. A pool. Basketball court. A gym if you tryna get out that anger you got.

I cut my eye at him menacingly.

Don: you'll see my men around here but once you get use to seeing em they're like wallpaper.

Silence.

Don: Your clothes are already unpacked. Anything you need let any one of us know. You got your own bathroom so you don't ever have to leave your room if you don't want to.

Don was trying desperately to make me laugh and it wasn't working.

Jace: I just want to shower please.

Don: Okay

He stands up.

Don: If I don't see you again tonight. Goodnight.

He starts to walk towards the door.

Don: I'm glad you're here Jacelyn.

I scoff at him calling me by my whole name & he leaves.

I throw the cover off me and walk into the bathroom.

I sigh while running my fingers across the counter

Jace: East.....

I whisper in the hollow bathroom.