Aint No Party Like A Block Party

*2 WEEKS LATER*

*JACE P.O.V.*

East set up a meeting with Don & Chief Brown at Shade in the back office. We told them everything from A-Z and left no stone left unturned. Don seemed pleased that I had nothing to do with it.

Chief Brown: I'm gonna pull a few strings and get this case closed.

My eyebrows raise in surprise. Just like that? At the snap of a finger he can close the case? Why didn't we call him sooner! But a small part of me was sad that our justice system is this corrupt.

Jace: Closed? Like go away forever?

Chief Brown: It's been a year. No one was hurt. The bank is insured. The only one looking into the case is Kobe.

East: Is he gone be a problem?

Chief Brown: Without my jurisdiction he can't do anything. He has no choice but to drop the case.

I let out a sigh of relief.

Don: It's a good thing you never slipped up to him & said anything, knew you had some of me in you.

I could practically feel East rolling his eyes.

Chief Brown excuses himself and leaves. I get up thinking we were all about to leave.

Don: Jacelyn can I talk to East for a minute?

I look at East and East nods his head.

East: Sit at the bar & have them make you something to drink..I'll be there in a minute.

I take one more cautious look at them then leave.
____________________________________

*EAST P.O.V.*

Don: What are you prepared to do about CJ?

East: I'm going to handle it.

Don: It should've already been handled!

I inhale deeply not liking that base in Don's voice.

Don: He almost rapes my daughter and he goes to the police and snitches of ALL OF YOU! AND THE NIGGA STILL BREATHING!?

Silence.

I stare at the ground then back at Don with my jaw clenched.

Don: I taught you better than that. I don't need to tell you what would've happened if I didn't have a connect with the department....you gettin sloppy.

East: I said I'll handle it.

Don chuckles.

Don: Handle it like how you was handling CJ cousin Joie for a year?

I furrow my eyebrows.

Don stands up.

Don: I suggest you tell Jace before someone else does cause if I know then I know these lil chicken heads know. I'll be seeing you.

Don leaves & I exhale.
____________________________________
* JACE P.O.V.*

East & I came back from dinner and prepared to get ready for bed.

East: I moved all your stuff from Kendra's & the storage and moved it back to your apartment.

He says taking off his AP watch.

Jace: Thank you.

I began lotioning my legs. East & I used my old apartment for storage until we can sell most of my furniture or give it away to goodwill. East wanted us to start the process of getting a home together but i felt like we needed time.