Same Ol B*llsh!t

*JACE P.O.V.*

We walked inside of the restaurant and Don pulls out my chair

We walked inside of the restaurant and Don pulls out my chair. I sit across from him and try to calm my emotions. I was angry for August. I was angry for me. I was angry for my parents. But I was also scared, this man was comfortable with ending lives.
I kept my phone in my lap ready just in case to call East. I look across at Don order us water & 2 glasses of wine from the waitress.

Silence

Silence.

He just stared at me.

Jace: What?

I say with a slight attitude.

Don: You look so much like her.

Jace: Why am I here? I don't need to hear the same lie over and -

Don: It's not a lie. You're my daughter. Your father was my brother.

Jace: My daddy never mentioned a brother.

Don: That was the plan. Last time I seen you you were two. And Lily made it very clear she didn't want me in your life at all.

Him saying my mothers name made my heart jump. I look confused.

Jace: No you need to explain it from beginning to end.

I demand.

Don seemed like he almost amused at my attempt to be authoritative.

Don: Me and your momma were together awhile before you came into the picture. Damn near inseparable. I loved her, I loved everything about her. East's father Lawrence was ma best friend . And you already know East's mom. Me and Lawrence were gettin it out the mud together. Yo momma- Lily hated it. She hated what I did..who I was becoming.

He leans closer to the table resting his arms on the table.

Don: And a week after East's dad -my partner got killed she gave me a ultimatum...she said it was either her or the drug game.

Silence.

Jace: What'd you pick?

Don: I didn't take her seriously..kept doing what I was doing and she left. My brother called me a week later and told me she was pregnant with you. But I was young and-