One Man Show

*EAST P.O.V.*

We drove 20 minutes away not too far from Shade. We pulled up to a well manicured building that wasn't foreign to us. We actually knew the place all too well. That's where we all started out. Me, Mikael, Deleon, August & Chris.

It didn't have to be any fighting or rushing when we got out the car and with Don Franklin it wasn't a choice. Every move he made was precise and calm. He didn't have time for hot heads or wild cards. Which is why we did what we did years ago.

I made sure to stay at least within 4 feet of Jace and kept my eye on her. Don had her right next to him as we made our way into the building. He didn't force her grab her or pull her he just always had that dominance about him where everyone knew how to act. He said I possessed that same quality.

This is the exact shit I was tryna keep Jace from. It seem like I can't catch a break. Soon as I try to show her something different some BULLSHIT happens. This is not the type of man or husband I wanted to be for her.

We walked into a room that was built like a man cave. It had a bar in the corner of the room a huge tv on the wall. A pool table & a big ass couch in the middle of the room.

We were all lined up with bodyguards in between us

We were all lined up with bodyguards in between us. I kept my peripheral on Jace. As much as Deleon hated it I felt his energy for Kendra. He was the fastest out of all of us so I knew it would be nothing for him to get to Kendra in the blink of an eye.

Don stood composed in front of us with his 2 bodyguards on the side of him. He examined all of our faces quietly. I never knew what this man was thinking & that's what I learned from him. He raised me up to be his protégé...and I was good at it.

Don: It seems..I let you all play house for too long.

Silence.

Don: Congratulations on the nuptials East, she's beautiful.

Don quickly cut his eye to Jace.

East: Thank you.

We hear the door open & see August & Chris enter the room with another bodyguard. What the fuck Don got goin on.

Don: I told every man in here I was building something, correct?

East,Mikael, Deleon, Chris , August: Correct.

Don: There is no out.

Silence.

Don: Banks been robbed. Clubs been bought. Paternity tests been given out like candy. No disrespect.

Don says to Kendra. Kendra tried her best to not show her anger that was rooted in embarrassment.

Don: Y'all dividing  the system when I put you all on ONE system. You 2 were supposed to get out and get put back on NOT go against East.