Kendras Dilemma

The body guards cocked their guns at me and stood in front of Don.

East: You okay baby??

I say not taking my eye off these niggas. Mikael & Deleon stood beside me ready.

Jace: I'm okay.

I was almost shocked to hear her respond.

Don: East the reason I'm here has nothing to do with you it's about family.

What the fuck is he talkin bout?

East: Well this is MY house. MY wife. So THIS IS my business.

Don: but she's MY daughter.

*JACE P.O.V.*

I stare at those words leave Dons mouth again & it still sounded foreign to me. I stare at East, Deleon, and Mikaels reactions to Dons news and felt a rush of embarrassment run through me. I stand to my feet rushing to the bedroom grabbing my purse out the closet. I snatch my phone off the charger making the block crash to the floor. I rush to the door rummaging through my purse making sure I had everything and I can feel East & Don hovering over me.

East: I know all this shit don't make sense to you right now lil girl but you gotta stay baby. We gotta figure this shit out.

Don: Jacelyn-

Jace: YOU DONT CALL ME THAT! YOU DONT KNOW ME!

My voice rang loud. My shakey hands called a Lyft back to Kendra's house and the driver was 3 minutes away.

Jace: Just..I just need time...

I run out the door and get downstairs to my Lyft almost leaping into the car.

The Lyft driver looked at my like I was crazy. And I felt like I was. My breathing was heavy and tears rolled down my eyes. I don't know what to do.

*35 minutes later*

I walk in exasperated taking deep breath's with my back against the door.

Angel: Auntie Jjjaaccceee.

I try to wipe my tears & crack a smile.

Jace: Hey baby.

He hugged my leg and I patted my hand against his little back.

Angel: What's wrong-

Kendra: What the fuck are you doing here ?

I look up to see Kendra walking up to me from the living room. I look around confused at who she was talkin to.

Jace: Me??

I say confused as fuck.

Kendra: You ain't get my calls or voicemails??

Jace: No?

Kendra: You went & got Angel tested behind my back?

Angel: I'm Sick!?

Kendra: What kind of bestfriend are you?

I could feel my blood instantly boil over over like a coffee pot. What kind of friend am I??? One that's trying to get your family back together more than you are you stupid bitch.

Jace: Let's not talk about this in front of Ang-

*WAP*

I feel a hard cold sting across my face.

Angel: MOMMY!!

Angel cried screaming pushing Kendra away from me. It took me a minute to realized she slapped me. All the pain I been feeling. All the bullshit. All the lies been said to me. All the blaming me. All the talking down to me. NO FUCKIN MORE.