Old Friend

*EAST P.O.V.* 3 Days Later*

*10:20 am*

I walk into the living room seeing my momma checking her purse before she went out

East: Good morning Mama.

I give her a hug and she hugs me back.

Mrs. B: Boy why you got on all them chains in my house??

East: Went out last night forgot to take em off.

Mrs. B: Yea I heard you creepin in here last night with yo big ass.

I laugh.

Mrs. B: Jace know you went out?

East: Nah, she was sleep.

Mrs. B: All she been doin is sleeping since she got here..but that's a good thing! That means she's comfortable and can finally RELAX. Can't imagine what she's going through....

My mom trails off looking into nowhere.

Mrs. B: She up? I can cook her come breakfast before I leave to the store.

I wave my hand at her.

East: Nah that sound crazy she still knocked out.

My mom gasps.

East: What? o_o

Mrs. B: Or knocked up! When I was pregnant with you oh my god if I wasn't eating I was sleeping! And ugh you were a pain in the ass! Awwwwwwww-

She looks at me almost teary eyed & I shake my head saying no.

East: Mama listen to me. Jace isn't pregnant.

I laugh.

East: Sorry to disappoint you. She ain't pregnant (laugh) at least not right now.

My mom looks at me amused by the thought of having a grandchild.

Mrs. B: Well what's holding you up! Y'all already married.

East: okay where's my mom & what have you done with her?

She laughs.

East: Are you forgetting I'm still a drug dealer? There was a cop just on our doorstep a few days ago. Jace just found out Don is her daddy. Too much goin on right now to bring a baby into.

My mama pouts. I roll my eyes.

East: What store you goin to?

I change the subject.

Mrs. B: Grocery store, not use to having company to feed, You need anything?

I reach in my wallet & count out 500$ bills & give it to her. She had that look on her face but knew not to argue.