33

EDITED

33

Claire's parents had came by Josh's house early this morning to take Bobbi out for the day, leaving Josh and I alone in his apartment.

"How has it been?" I asked sitting on the couch next to Josh, handing him his cup of hot chocolate, referring to life as a single father to Bobbi.

"It's stressful, but it's worth it. She's the best thing to happen to me since I met Claire in kindergarten."

Josh was a great dad. He was always with Bobbi, unless he was forced to take a break. He adored her and was already so protective over her.

"I just wish Bobbi could've met Claire." I squeezed Josh's shoulder, supportively. "I'm not ever going to let anything bad happen to Bobbi. I won't lose Bobbi like I did Claire, or at all."

"Claire is looking down at you and smiling proudly, you know that?"

"I hope so."

I reached forward and put my hot chocolate on the coffee table and jumped up from my spot on the couch.

"Okay, poopyhead, Chris wants to hangout and I think you should come."

Josh told me a while ago that when I left, he and Chris had become pretty good friends. He was always friends with Matt, Caleb, and more-less Jackson, but from the way Josh made it sound, Josh had grown a closer bond to Chris.

"Where are you guys headed?"

"The mall at noon." That was in an hour.

"I'm going to take a nap and then I'll meet you guys there around 1."

"Sounds good, but I will be bugging you consistently." I promised. I took my hot chocolate mug to the kitchen to dump out the remains, before going to the bathroom to shower.

About an hour later, Chris arrived at Josh's apartment to take us to the mall.

"How's Josh? Last we talked, he told me he's been really occupied with Bobbi lately. Like, where's Bobbi right now if Josh is going to come hang out with us?"

"He's stressed, but he will do anything for Bobbi and Clarissa. And Claire's mom took Bobbi out."

Chris claimed a good parking spot not far from the doors to JcPenny's.

We were aimlessly walking, until we found ourselves at the food court. Chris went to Taco Bell and I went to Sbarro's to get pizza. Call me crazy, but I wasn't much of a taco fan. However, who doesn't love pizza?

Sbarro's crust was thick, which made it taste all the more better.

I found a seat while Chris waited in the long Taco Bell line. Ha, the price you have to pay to be a taco lover.

Chris gets so annoyed when I call him a taco lover, it's really actually funny.

Josh arrived just as Chris sat down with his tacos. He only got a drink from Sbarro's, claiming he wasn't hungry.

"Jaycee tells me that you're obsessed with your daughter."

"Of course." Josh chuckled. "She's so beautiful."

Merely by looking at Bobbi, one could identify immediately, she was on the road path to looking like the spitting image of Claire. Josh was okay with it, though.

Unlike in those stories you read where a father's wife dies during child birth and the dad ends up being abusive toward the child, it's the opposite. Josh wanted Bobbi to look like Claire so he could look at Bobbi and be reminded of how lucky he got and blah, blah, blah.