7

EDITED

7

Claire wasn't too big on the fact I actually had to go on the date, but I didn't particularly mind.

To be completely honest, I was excited. I hadn't gone on a legitimate date in a long time - high school days.

"I should be mad that you were blackmailed into this but I really want to help you get ready." She squealed at the last part. I chuckled, but didn't fight.

She took my slightly-longer-than-shoulder-length blonde hair and began the process of spiral curling it.

"Okay, did he tell you how to dress?"

I recalled the text message from earlier. "Nice, but not dressy."

Claire put on a thinking face and then (if this were a cartoon) a lightbulb appeared over her head. She skipped over to my dresser and took out my light wash jean shorts. Then, Claire went over to her dresser and pulled out a black, belly-exposer razor back tank.

"But Claire," She was so much thinner than me. She could work this. I could not.

"I swear to Jackson Garfield, if you tell me you're too big to wear that shirt, I will call Jackson over here for his opinion." Like Jackson would care.

"Fine." I murmured. There's no need to embarrass myself.

As I left into the small bathroom in our room, Claire called out behind me, "I will literally kill you if you mess up your hair!" Of course, I had to chuckle, even though I knew she was serious.

I can honestly say the shirt didn't look terrible...

"You look gorgeous, Jace." Claire concluded. "Wait, Josh, come in here and look at my beauty of a best friend." I blushed when Josh came in because I didn't want anyone to see me.

"You look really pretty, Jace." He smiled. I gave him a quiet thank you.

Jackson: here!

"Uh, he's here. I'll see you later, Claire. And you too, Josh." I waved.

Before I could leave, Claire embraced me in a tight hug. "Have fun tonight, Jaycee. But not too much fun." She winked. "If this boy hurts you all hell will break loose if I find out." I chuckled softly now and hugged her tightly back.

"I love you, Claire."

"Love you, too, kiddo." Not only was Claire my best friend, but she was basically the older sister I never had. Thank God I was blessed to have her as my roommate.

As I walked down to where Jackson was supposed to be parked, I self-consciously pulled the black shirt down to expose less of my stomach.

I got to the last step when I bumped into someone. Jackson, to be exact. He seems to get in my way often.

It's hard to believe that basically two weeks ago I said his name like...like it was forbidden. I wouldn't simply call him Jackson. It'd always be like the Jackson Garfield or Jackson Garfield in general.

"Woah..." Jackson muttered as his eyes scoped over me. I blushed a deep crimson red as I pulled my shirt down again, wishing it'd stay down. Too bad Jackson noticed. He grabbed my wrist and took me (dragged me) to his car.

"What was that?" He asked, not even starting the car.

"What?"

"I told you my whole entire life story. Can you tell me what that was about?"

My explanation would only boost his ego. I didn't feel like dealing with a times-five egoistical jerk.

"Please."