3

EDITED

3

I didn't want to go over Jackson's to tutor him. I really didn't. Not after what almost happened earlier.

I haven't even been able to look Claire in the eye without spilling everything. Luckily, she hasn't been home a majority of the day.

I looked at my phones time again.

Can't I just tell Jackson I'm sick? No, I need to grow up.

I'm the one that said it never happened, I need to act like that's true. Just play it off cool. Because Jackson Garfield and I were no where near each other in that elevator.

While my self-motivation was still high, I forced myself out of my room and over to the boys' dorms.

I cooly strode my way to Jackson's dorm room and knocked four times.

I heard several groans on the other side of the door before it was opened by a shirtless Jackson.

Does he ever wear a shirt?

"It's still Thursday?" His eyebrows furrowed together when he saw me. "Fuck my life. Well, come on in." He pushed the door open further.

"Were you sleeping?" I asked. His eyes were droopy and his bed covers were a mess - more of a mess than they were last time, anyway.

"Yep, just lost track of time." I will pretend he is a normal person and apologized. It's amazing where imagination can get you.

"Please put a shirt on." I begged, shielding my eyes.

"Virgin eyes." He cackled, but slipped a shirt on (that came from his dirty floor) nonetheless.

"Are we gonna start?" I asked, ignoring his last comment. "If you don't want to, that's cool. It's a guaranteed win on my part."

Jackson rolled his eyes. "Let's start."

He was doing okay, I've given him about 8 problems, he's gotten two right, so far. That's two more than last time.

"Two more, okay?" Jackson looked like his brain was physically hurting. I hate the guy, but I surely don't want him to die because his brain explodes.

The bad part is that I wouldn't doubt that that would actually happen.

He nodded while holding his head. I wrote down a simple problem that was I knew for fact was in his realm of capabilities.

"Jaycee," he groaned. "This is too hard."

"This is basic algebra for a freshmen college student. This should be easy, considering you're a sophomore."

"I barely passed seventh grade algebra." He snapped.

"Jackson, just try the problem." I sighed.

I watched him write down his answer.

A smirk appeared on my lips. "Jackson..." I trailed off.

"Damn, just tell me what I did wrong."

"Nothing."

"What?"

"You got it right."

"Praise the lord! In your face Mr. Hochberg!" I rose my eyebrow. "My 7th grade algebra teacher." He elaborated. Honestly, I couldn't help the chuckle that came from me.

"Let's end on a good note. See you next Tuesday, Jackson."

"Hey, hey, hey. Can I walk you back? No tricks. Swear upon all gods." I rolled my eyes. I just want to get home and sleep before my class. No point in wasting time arguing.