12

EDITED

12

Jaycee's POV-

The day had gone great with Caleb, Jackson, and Riley. Riley is adorable. Very sassy little boy too.

Caleb and I were both in the kitchen with Riley - he was cooking burgers on the stove while I played with Riley who was sitting on the table. Jack was in the living room doing whatever it is Jackson Garfield does, up until he entered the kitchen.

"Hey, Cale, how's the cooking going?"

But before Caleb had even gotten a chance to reply, Riley did for him. "Bad."

"Hey, Riley, you know I don't like you right?" Caleb said jokingly.

"I don't like you either!" At Riley's sassy reply, I couldn't help but laugh. Caleb and Riley's father/son relationship was the cutest thing ever. Caleb said that Alesha describes it as a love/hate relationship.

~•~

Today I get to meet Alesha and if I'm being honest, I'm excited. I'm excited to finally meet another potential girl friend.

Out of the 5 friends I have made with the end of the year quickly approaching, only one is a girl - Claire.

There's one girl in one of my classes, Sam, who I am kind of friends with, too, but we don't talk all that often outside of class.

"Hey, Jace." Jackson greeted.

I thought it'd be awkward this morning because Jackson and I had to share the hide-away bed, but it wasn't gladly.

"Hi, Jack." I smiled to show off my almost perfectly straight teeth that never had to suffer through braces as a kid. Everyday I thank my parents for their nice teeth genetics.

"You have a pretty smile." I blushed and rolled my eyes.

"So do you." I winked.

"Hey lovebirds! Alesha is on her way."

"Yay!" I jumped up and squealed. After a few moments, Riley started to scream. Caleb let out a quiet groan seeing as it was still early.

"Wait, Caleb. Jack and I came here to help, so let me go see what's up." I insisted.

As I walked past Caleb, he squeezed my shoulder. "Thanks, Jace."

Jackson's POV-

"I don't want to get all mushy on you or anything, bro, but you two are fucking cute."

"Were not a thing." I reminded him, and myself. "We probably won't be for a little while."

"You can't blame her."

"I know, I know." I sighed.

I know Jaycee says she trusts me, and I know she genuinely tries. But she doesn't completely; I can tell by the way she looks at me. She looks at me like she's afraid I'll hurt her like that fucker she dated a few years ago did. I don't blame her, but it does bother me. It bothers me that that little shit got her and didn't treat her the way she should've been treated.

I'll admit, I used to treat girls like shit just like he did, but ever since I've met Jaycee, I couldn't even think about treating her disrespectfully. I knew from the beginning Jaycee Gardner was different. When I pretended to think Jaycee's name was Joslyn, I did it because I knew I was thinking of her different. I was scared, honestly. But I'm not scared anymore - I like Jaycee, for real.

Jaycee walked in the room with Riley on her hip and his arms crossed, stubbornly.

"What's his problem?" Caleb asked. Riley stuck his tongue out. Damn, that toddler acts like I did when I was 10.