5

EDITED

5

Jackson's POV-

When that guy stepped up and sat down in front of Jaycee and smiled, I think I almost lost it. But, why did I almost lose it?

"Jaycee." I watched as she introduced herself, returning his smile.

"Chris." He stuck his hand out for Jaycee to shake it. A small blush crept on her face as they both started leaning in.

I need to go and find a girl. Now.

Jaycee's POV-

This guy, Chris is his name, is really handsome and fit. No doubt was he attractive.

After introducing ourselves, we started leaning in. As we got closer and closer, the blush on my cheeks had gotten more prominent.

Our lips connected and I felt so...amazed.

He pulled away after a few moments and smiled cheekily at me. At least this guy smiles instead of smirking all of the time!

"Are you working this thing all day or do you want to meet up later?"

"I-I," wow, I haven't actually hung out with a guy, not including Josh and Jackson, since I was in high school. "I work this until 2." I replied. Chris pulled out his phone and checked the time.

"Half hour? Meet right here?"

"Sure." I grinned.

Chris got up and waved to me before walking off. I looked out in front of me, with a small smile evident on my face.

It disappeared when I saw someone I was hoping to have zero encounters with.

Mine and Jackson's eyes connected for a second. He rolled his eyes and walked away. I watched as he threw his arm around the first blonde he came across.

A jolt of jealousy coursed through me, but I ignored it.

Instead, I patiently waited for the next half hour to be over as soon as possible.

~•~

I leant against the stage that the kissing booth was on top of, as i waited for Chris. My replacement came early, so I finished early, thankfully.

I was soaking in the sunlight as I played on my phone, until a tall man-like figure stood in front of my sun (and warmth).

"Excuse - Oh, hi, Caleb." I smiled.

"Hey, Jaycee. Listen, have you.. um...seen Jackson?"

I bit my lip. "Last I saw him was when he walked off with some blonde."

"Was she wearing an unbelievably short skirt?"

I thought back to the girl. Although I didn't really take in her appearance, I vaguely remember a short skirt. "Yep, I think so."

"God, damn him." Caleb hissed under his breath. "His psycho ex-fling, Kia." He explained. "He's such a fuckin' idiot! Nice seeing you, Jace. You look nice. Bye now." I chuckled softly at Caleb's oddness.

One thing good has come out of Jackson - Caleb. I had made my third friend at college!

"Hey." A voice said beside me. I jumped a little and then realized it was just Chris. "Jumpy, are we?"

"Sorry." I said sheepishly. "Hey."

"Who was that?" He nodded his head in the direction that Caleb had gone. Chris had his hands tucked in the pockets of his khaki shorts coolly.