9

EDITED

9

Matt: where are you?
Me: my place. I got a new key.
Matt: 😏😏
Me: whatever. Bye.

Jaycee said we're going to start doing three times a week of tutoring from now on, so hopefully I get a better score on my finals.
Those tests will do one of two things - make or break my grade.
The added on third date, we agreed, would be any other day during the week we're available for a session. We were going to do today, but she had pre-made plans with Clarissa; therefore, we ended up agreeing on tomorrow.

Jaycee's POV-

"Where to first?" Claire asked beside me in the car in the drivers seat.

"How about a movie?"

"We could see 22 Jump Street - Channing Tatum, yum - or The Fault In Our Stars - Augustus Waters, awe."

"I really want to see The Fault In Our Stars, honestly."

"Me too. It's supposed to be really sad, but really cute."

So from there, we went to see The Fault In Our Stars in the theatre.

John Green has ruined my definition of a perfect guy - now it's someone just like Augustus Waters, but I won't ever find anyone like Gus because he's perfection and perfect isn't real!
Claire and I came to an agreement we wouldn't to order ourselves an Augustus Waters from Amazon.

After the movie, since Claire and I had stupidly worn make up to a terribly sad movie, we decided to go back to the dormitory. We didn't want to go anywhere looking like raccoons.

When we arrived back to our room, we took turns in the bathroom to wash the smeared makeup off of our face.

"So..." I trailed off as she started to paint my nails a dark royal purple. "How are things going with Josh?"

"Our friends with benefits is going just fine." She replied pointedly.

"Claire, don't lie to me. There's got to be something more."

"No." I gave her a challenging look to prove that I could see right through her. "No...I don't know, maybe! Okay, yes! I like him, Jace. I know he likes me, but we're scared we might unintentionally hurt the other. We don't want our friendship to be over." She heaved out a stressed sigh.

"Sometimes, if you really like a person, you have to be fearless. You can't be scared of getting hurt. You have to take the chance." Sources: personal experience.

"It's just hard, ya know?"

"Oh, I know."

"Why do I feel like that has a double meaning?" I shrugged for a reply. "Jaycee Lily Gardner, spill."

"Claire..." I murmured. "I think I like Jackson Garfield." Claire's eyes grew so wide. She was clearly mind blown. "I know you don't like him and I know you think he's a bad guy, but the truth is he's just a little misunderstood." I defended him.

Clarissa knew the facts that everybody else from their high school knew - he was a player, but nobody knew why. Nobody besides two. And now three.

"I don't know how to feel about this guy because clearly he has more secrets than I presumed. So, I guess I will have to trust your judgement." I smiled at her.

"That's why I know what it's like to be afraid that you'll get hurt. I don't know if Jackson will hurt me. I don't. But I'm willing to find out. That's just how much I like him."

"My little sister is falling in love." She squealed.

I rolled my eyes and fought to kept the smile off my face. "I don't love Jackson Garfield."