8

EDITED

8

A few weeks have passed since I started tutoring Jackson. I suppose that it's fair to say things we're going along all right.

The date didn't really affect anything between us, but of course I had had fun.

Jackson: I'm over Matt's rn and I don't have the keys to my place. Can you just come over here for tutoring?
Me: sure. How do you plan to get inside your room tho?
Jackson: Caleb is comin around this weekend. For now I'm just staying with Matt.

While Jackson and I got exceptionally closer, Claire seemed to learn to accept it.

Speaking of Claire, I feel like I don't know enough about her and Josh's relationship... I feel like it's something a little more than merely friends with benefits. In saying that, I'm having a girl's night with her tomorrow and she is going to spill the beans.

I got to Matt's just as he was on his way out.

"I'm a better tutor than you." He joked.

Since I've started getting close to Jackson, I've gotten pretty close with Matt, too, given the amount of time they spend together. He always jokes around about being a better tutor than me.

It's definitely not true though.

"Yea, okay." I chuckled with an eye roll. "Bye, Matt."

"Bye, Jace."

Jackson still hasn't told me how he genuinely feels about me, what his intentions are with me, but hasn't made any of our encounters awkward.

There was no doubt that I was beginning to like Jackson - or Jack as he preferred me to call him. I was getting to like him so much that I decided risking him breaking my heart was okay.

"Jack?" I called as I walked into the room.

"Boo!" Someone yelled from behind the door. I screamed loudly and hit the monster behind the door repeatedly with closed eyes.

I don't want to go blind, just in case it's ugly.

"Jace..." The monster laughed and took hold of my swatting hands. I finally opened one eye, afraid to see the hideous monster that lies before me.

Okay, not so hideous. It was Jackson.

"Asshole." I muttered. He chuckled and patted my head like I was a dog.

The hour of tutoring went by successfully. Well, as successful as it can go when you're tutoring a dyslexic with an attention span of a squirrel.

Our final exams are in 2 months. I had two months to prepare myself and Jackson for those tests. I promised him I would do anything I could to help him.

I finished putting my books back into my book bag and stood up to leave.

"Wait, wait, wait," Jack said getting up quickly. "Stay, please. Just until Matt gets back. I don't want to stay here alone."

"You live in your dorm alone." I pointed out, but he shrugged my statement off. Deciding not to argue any further, I sat back down next to Jackson.

Not much but ten minutes later, Matt walked in with a Dairy Queen ice cream cone in his hand.

"Child..." Jackson coughed.

"FYI, I decided to pick my brother up and take him out for ice cream. I just didn't finish mine." He stuck his tongue out.

"Hey, Matt, you're not really helping your child case by sticking your tongue out." I teased.

Matt rolled his eyes, "You, my friend, have been spending way too much time with Jack."