16

EDITED

16

Jaycee's POV-

I was pleased to finally be able to go home.

I have learned to hate hospitals in the time span of less than 24 hours.

"Doctor," I said to get his attention.
"Yes, Ms. Gardner?"

"Who's here to pick me up?" I asked as I slipped on my shoes. Last night, Claire had dropped off some new clothes that way I didn't have to wear hospital ones or my dirty ones.

"Jackson Garfield." Good. Because I need to talk to him. Knowing Jackson, he's probably freaking out.

"Okay. Thank you." I stood up and dusted off my pants. "I hopefully won't see you any time soon."

The doctor chuckled. "I can say the same. Bye, Jaycee."

"Goodbye."

I "speed-walked" over to the waiting room and saw Jackson him pacing around. I tiptoed behind him and placed a hand on his shoulder. He jumped a little, which made me chuckle.

"Jaycee... I should have told you about Kia... I should've been protecting you. This is all my fault." Being the subtle person I am, I shut him up by kissing him. "You're not giving me signs that you're mad at me."

"Because I'm not, dummy. It's not your fault. Come on, let's go."

Jackson took my hand in his with a grin working it's way on his lips.

"Maybe I should insinuate that you're mad at me more often." He whispered seductively. "You know, if that's how you're going to keep me quiet." I rolled my eyes.

We pulled into the parking lot in front of my dormitory. I got out of the car and walked to Jackson's side, where he took my hand in his.

"Clarissa was on the phone with somebody, Josh said, so he's taking her back right behind us. She'll be back in a few." Jackson explained on our way inside the large building. We turned a few corners until we reached the out-of-order elevator.

Are you kidding me? My doctor told me that physical activity wasn't a good idea with a bruises rib cage. Walking up four flights of stairs seemed like physical activity to me.

"Why?" I muttered. "All I wanted to do was go home..."

I felt like crying. I was just so tired and restless and hungry for real food - not fast food, not hospital food, but maybe some soup?

"Jack, can you go ask the front desk when it will be fixed?" I asked.

While Jackson went to go talk to the front desk, I groaned - half pain, half restlessness - as I leaned back against the wall.

A small little grin became apparent on my face as I realize for all the time I've known Jackson, he still hasn't apologized. Though a normal person would be mad that he hasn't apologized for things he should've, it makes me chuckle. He told the truth; when we had first met he told me he was Jackson Garfield and Jackson Garfield doesn't say sorry.

"The front desk said tomorrow morning."

"It's ten am right now."

"You can stay at my place overnight, sleep in Caleb's bed. I'll have Claire bring you over whatever you need." I thought about it.

"That'd be appreciated." Jackson's grin seemed to go from ear-to-ear at my comment of agreement.

"Come on, then." He put his hand on the small of my back and directed us out of my dorm.