35

EDITED

35

Since Dylynn and I had not hung out much yet since my return, we decided it was long overdue. She had kicked Matt out of the apartment they shared for the day so we could  hangout like old times.

Jackson and I had already told everyone we were together for real, but I haven't had a chance to have a real one on one conversation with Dylynn since.

I said bye to Matt as he was leaving his apartment the same time I was arriving. Dylynn was on her bed with candy around her, chips, and soda. She held up a bottle of Sprite - she knew it was my favorite. I grinned and took my sprite from her.

"Let's get this night started!" Dylynn turned on Spring Breakers. It was our favorite movie to watch together.

After the movie I turned to face Dylynn. "Alright, real talk." I said, clapping my hands together. "How serious have you and Matt gotten?" Her and I both knew what I meant when I asked that.

"Serious." I wasn't shocked to say the least; they did move in together after all.

It wasn't a game to Matt. He, no offense to Jackson, was never like Jackson. Matt had his one night stands, sure, what guy didn't? He didn't do it every night just for the fun of it though. He especially wouldn't get into a relationship just to screw Dylynn over. They were both obviously serious about this.

"What about you and Jackson, Jay?" She wiggled her eyebrows suggestively. I knew exactly what she meant by her suggestive eyebrow.

I groaned. "No, Dyl. Definitely not any time soon."

"Don't you love him?"

"I do, but that's a big step."

"I understand. You are sure about him, though, right?"

"I have no doubt in my mind that he is the one for me." Came my reply.

Every time I, even as much as, look at Jack, it makes me excited and happy. Like, it has me excited to hopefully marry Jackson, start a family with him, and grow old together. Not only do I think he's the one, I want him to be the one. I see my whole future when I gaze into Jackson's eyes.

I was about to fall asleep when I got a phone call from Chris. I wouldn't imagine him calling at midnight if it wasn't important so I answered.

"What's up?" I asked yawning. Dylynn lifted her head up and stared at me. I felt kinda bad about waking her up.

"Jay, the DOA said if you can get a college application in to him by Monday at 9am, he will consider you!"

"No freaking way!" I squealed.

I really don't mean to sound cocky, but I have a really good feeling about getting into Norte Dame de Namur. It wasn't as hard to get into as Stanford, but I managed to get in while taking sophomore level classes. I did good at Stanford, too, until the end of the year when basically my entire life kind of just fell apart around me.

I was intending to patiently wait for Stanford to send me my finals results, but I need them now to properly apply for NDDNU, so that was something I tend to before Monday.

"What was that?"

"Dyl, I think I'm staying here for school, too." I grinned so widely, unable to contain my excitement. Dylynn jumped up from where she was laying on her bed, and ran over to me and hugged me tightly.

"Stanford had an open spot?"

"No. Chris put in a good word with the DOA at Norte Dame de Namur and I have to turn in my college app by Monday."